Chapter 1| Chris and Wayne

The slumps of Mask City. A more, gloomy, noisy, abandoned part of the animal empire. Where old buildings stood, graffiti was made, and where the best skateboarding location were.

That's what Chris thought anyways. Sure there there was the skateboard part, but it was always overrun by cocky kids and cry pups.

Here he was, skating down the sidewalk, black and tan fur getting slightly ruffled by the wind. His black jacket waving slightly as he headed down a dip in the land.

Blue demi jeans slightly baggy, keychain hanging from one of the belt loops, the keys clinking and clanking as he went. His tail fluttered behind him as his folded ears flapped against themselves.

Nothing could describe the freedom he felt went he was on his board; like he was out speeding his worries, or able to not think about some screw up he did in the past.

But today, he was going towards one of his responsibility.

'When I was six years old, I broke me leg,'

The Rottweiler kicked himself off, speeding off, paws out to keep him balanced. He looked onward, smiling slightly as his destination came into view.

'I was running from my brother, and his friends,'

The exit to the slumps came into sight, the sidewalk's chips and cracks becoming fewer and more spaced out. Less graffiti and shadey alleyways came to him as he went down the street.

His black fur had a small shine to it as the sun shined though, no longer blocked by some of the dark clouds from barrel fires and illegal labs.

'Tasted the sweet perfume of the mountain grass I rolled down, I was younger then, take me back to when I,'

The building came into view, the sight of the green lawn with the chain length fence being familiar to him. That was her house. That was his ex's house.

'Found my heart and broke it here, made friends and lost them through the years,'

It was just like yesterday him and her were sitting on the roof, enjoying the night air while the others partied in the house below them.

Back when him and her actually could have a civil conversation, which didn't end with the snapping of jaws and aggressive attitude towards one another.

'And I've not seen the roaring fields in so long, I know I've grown'

Coming to the gate, Chris popped the skateboard up, catching it in one paw, the other flipping the gate latch up. He set inside, spotting the big, plastic, pink dollhouse sitting in its normal spot next to the walkway. A small garden was next to the stairs of the white wash house, dark shackles on the roof.

White trimmed around the windows, which had the inside curtains drawn together as an act of privacy for those inside.

The Rottie hopped up the stairs, knocking on the door once he got to it. Chris put his paw in her jacket, holding his board in the other as he waited.

After a moment, the door open, showing a black and white Husky. Her breathtaking blue eyes immediately dulled as she look at him. A low fitting white tank top clung to her petite build, blue shorts hugging her small thighs.

She crossed her arms, leaning against the doorway. "What do you want?" she asked, black nose twitching slightly. Chris looked a little surprised, but didn't address head on.

"Heeey, Winter. I was wondering if I could see Jess today?" Chris said, his dark eyes having a small hopefully glint in them. The Husky, Winter, huffed, though the sound of pawsteps made her groan quietly.

A pup about five years old scurried to the door, dark black and tan fur framing her fluffy face. Icy cold blue eyes were glimmering with happiness.