Chapter One - Something In The Woods (Stiles' POV)

CW: Past death of a loved one, mentions (and guilt and anxiety over) past trauma, mentions of death/dying

I tied my laces, cold, muddy grass staining my knees. Scott owes me for coming early so he can whip me with balls, and not in the good way, without Coach thinking he's on steroids.

"Stiles!" Scott yelled, running over from the parking lot. "You won't believe what I saw in the woods."

"Please tell me it's not something that wants to kill us 'cause I'm mad enough you're late."

"I don't know for sure it wants to kill us."

I scoffed and ran my hand through my hair. "If this was a horror movie you'd so be the hot chick that dies first."

Scott smirked. "Are you saying I'm the hot girl?"

"I'm saying you'd die. And what even is this thing?"

"I don't know, some creature with a slimy, fly-like body and these long metal legs." My shoulders tensed. No. No it can't be. "And it said WCKD on its legs. Bit on the nose if you ask me, but- are you okay? You look like you're gonna throw up."

I turned and sprinted off the field to Roscoe. At full glader speed, Scott couldn't catch me without wolfing out. This has to end. No one else can die because of me.

A/N: Please comment any thing you liked or any critiques. Thanks. -Bea.