4.

The hustle bustle of the major city center was not new to Mope. All the shenanigans committed by motor park drivers to get commuters to enter their cabs were nonetheless strange to her as she tried to make her way to her can driver.
She eventually sat down. No sooner than when she did, a woman with a live goat forced away into the car with her. She smiled a greeting but was not contented to share her seat with a hostile woman who didn't mind the discomfort she created with her smelly goat.
She took her phone out to be distracted as fortunately for her the driver told the rude co-passenger that all the seats were taken. He then proceeded to enter the cab himself and drive off his rich customer.
'Are we going to Cheshire lane today?' Bosa the can driver asked.
'Yes please.'
He drove her to her destination and she paid for her fare. She alighted gently as she opened the gate which was slightly ajar and greeted  the old woman who sat in a stool blowing out chaff and weevils from beans.
She knelt down to greet her discontented supposed mother in law to be whose smile was as plastic as the takeaway plastic spoon she saw on the floor.
Not long after a set of small children ran into the living room shouting their grandmas name.
She sat down watching as she displayed unparalleled and undisguised love and affection towards her grandchildren. Just then their mother came with a ruler chasing them to come for their breakfast.
'Don't beat them at all o' She scolded.
' I am not beating them. I am just trying to control them with the ruler.' Her daughter in law said.
Mope envied Lide the daughter in law. She  was already settled in the house. She had no worries. Her husband Mrs Agba's first son lived behind his parents house. At first Mope was skeptical that she too would follow suit but her fiancé was adamant that he would never live off his parents so as not to pay for rent like his brothers.
She sat down smiling at the lifeless television as mrs Agba chatted idly on the phone keeping a keen eye on her. She wondered where he was.
Soon he came out of his room looking tired as usual and she feared he would be edgy.
He waved at her to follow him. He ignored his moms contemptuous stares.
Mope was grieved that she would never fit in. There was too much disparity. Would it matter?