Chapter 2

Elijah

An email popped up on my laptop and I went to click on the notification, but paused my actions for a minute with a small sigh.

"I can't work if you're just going to sit there and stare at the side of my face the whole time Sugar." I chuckled lightly

"But you're so pretty Daddy." Alexander mumbled softly with a small pout and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"I am not pretty" I spoke the word as if it were the plague itself  "I'd like to think of myself as mildly attractive, or ravishing... hmmm maybe dashing even, I'm not so sure?" I teased and smiled when I heard the sound of the small girls laughter.

"Daddy pretty!" She pointed up to me happily and I sighed "Very very very very very pr-"

"Okayyy okayyy if you say it again you'll bruise my ego forever." I grunted and walked over to her. I picked her up and sat her on my hip as I carried her back to my seat. "You can say Daddy is cute" I poked her nose with a very serious look on my face.

"But Daddy is not pretty." I explained and she tilted her head clearly not understanding. I rolled my eyes at her and kissed her forehead.

"Never mind."

Alexander

"Ooo sounds like someone has fragile masculinity." Magnus came out of his room with a towel wrapped around his head and waist. The water droplets from the shower were still clearly visible. I squeaked shyly and hid my face in Elijah's chest.

"Shut up Magnus." I giggled when I heard Elijah's voice rumble through his chest. His voice sounded very weird this way, but oddly comforting.

"What are you giggling at little duck?" Magnus asked curiously and I showed my face again this time blushing a deep Scarlet red.

"Nothingggg!" I giggled loudly and covered my mouth as if that would stop the ongoing laughter.

"Alright well I'm going to go and get dressed really quick I'll be right back." Magnus spoke and I smiled.

"Okay Daddyyy!" I jumped out of Elijah's lap and he made a weird groaning sound.

"You okay Daddy?!" I stared up wide eyed at him and he opened his mouth to speak but shook his head a little and gave a small smile.

"Yes I'm great just um next time get up a little bit less agressive." Elijah frowned and I giggled and poked his nose.

"Sowwy not sowwyy!" He stared at me clearly unamused and I laughed before giving him a quick kiss on the lips. He rolled his eyes and turned back around in his chair.

"Whatcha doinnnn?" I asked as I looked over his shoulder. He was typing what looked like an email, but it was too boring to read.

"I'm working Sugar." Elijah sighed "Why don't you go see if my brother needs any help. We've got to go to a meeting later on today and he has to say a speech in front of lots of people."

"Ooo is it a birthday party?" I asked in excitement "I've never been to one of this before." I added quietly

"No. It's not a birthday party." Elijah chuckled "Today is Josie's special day. She's getting introduced to the mafia and has to have a ceremony to make things... official."

"Ohh can I come too-"

"No." Elijah stopped typing but didn't turn to face me. "It's too dangerous and you aren't even supposed to know about it."

"So you're just going to leave me here all by myself?" I mumbled feeling slightly upset

"You'll be safer here I promise."