Chapter 10: New Awesome Neighbor

"We're so glad that our neighbor's a foreigner as well!" exclaims the woman in mid 40s.

Gladly, this apart ment has two couches.

We're sitting on different sides while Jiyuu's busy taking his breakfast at the floor.

"I'm Mary Cathlyn Williams," she gestures her hand to her self politely. "And this is my husband and daughter. George Vincent Williams and Mary Catherine Elizabeth Williams." she points at the man who has few beard and faded blond hair along with his sea blue eyes , also in mid 40s, then to a girl with chest length hair, same as mines, and her fair skinned tone really suits her emerald eyes that maybe she got it from this Mary Cathlyn Williams, which is her mother.

And she looks as a same ages as me.

"We came from America." she says as her shoulder length silky chestnut hair moves gracefully.

"And you are?" asks Mr. Williams.

Hold on... Should I really introduce myself to them and tell them my real name? How awkward is this situation...

I'm not really good talking to people who's older than me. But I'm good at acting!

"I'm Tori Sakamoto. I'm from the Philippines." I introduce in a good manner, my own formal way.

"Tori you say... Tori may I ask something?" Mr. Williams requests and I gave him a nod. "Sure, Sir."

"Oh don't be too formal, we're neighbors after all!" we chuckle softly.

"I hope this doesn't bother you, but where are your parents? Are you living here alone or are they in work?" as he says that, my bod jolts. Because of his question, my nervousness became more worse. I didn't answer for few moments until I've thought of a reason.

"My mom is an optometrist and my father has no job." what I said is a truth.

"And when I was 2, my mom told me that my father had to divorce with my mom. So I didn't had the chance to see him." And that what I said is not true.

"And few days ago, my mom left me here in Japan alone. She took everything of my needs and I was all empty. Good thing that my mom told me that she has some friends here for me to stay for the meantime." what I said is not true either.

I was just making things up. My mom's a nice, working hard person that never gives up! That's why I love her.

After I explained few things, I heard Mr. Williams and Mrs. Williams gasped in disbelief.

"Umm, Tori." Mrs. Williams called.

"Yes?'

"If your father divorced to your mother then where is your mother now?" she asks concernly. "My mom's now back in the Philippines working at a company as a co-manager. "

"Then that means you can't go back to the Philippines?"

"That's right, Ma'am."

After knowing each other, even though it's embarrassingly awkward, it came out good in the end. Before they completely left they requested to leave their daughter in here so we can get to know each other while they unpack their stuffs at their apartment.

"Be nice to her, Catherine!" says her mom. She waves her hand and leave the apartment with her husband.

"Umm... Catherine, right?" I asked to make sure. Even though I already knew, still she gave me a nod. She seemed like a shy person.

"Sakamoto Tori." she mumbbles. " Can I call you Tori instead?" Wow! She's trying her best to talk! I'm so happy! *tears of joy*

"Sure! Catherine!" I approved joyfully, and she giggled. "I just wanna ask something... If it's fine that is?"