Chapter VII

"I think I just did something very bad." I said when I reached Nat.

"What did you do?" Nat asked looking at me, confused.

"I was flirting with Jeff."

"That's not bad."

"Yes, it is Natalie. I've only known him for four days."

"You've hooked up with guys you've known for twenty minutes. If anything I think this is a giant leap forward."

"Okay but before I was so drunk I couldn't even remember the guy's name the next morning. I'm going to have to remember Jeff in the morning."

"Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe you're finally growing up."

"Ha ha Natalie that's so funny. But seriously, I told myself hookups only, no serious relationships."

"You flirted one time, Kenzie, that doesn't mean you're getting married. Stop jumping to conclusions."

"I know, I know you're right. Thank you for bringing me back to reality."

"That's what I'm here for."

I finished off my drink and went back to get another one.

"Wanna shotgun a beer with Heath and me?" Zane asked, coming and standing next to me. I thought about it for a second, I could embarrass Zane and Heath by beating them or let someone else win for a change. I chose the first option.

"Okay." I said after I got my drink.

"Are you ready to lose?" Zane asked as I walked with him.

"Zane how many times have we gone over this? I'm not going to lose."

"Are you sure because Zane and I have been practicing."

"Is that what you call those beer bellies?"

"Girl, don't even get me fucking started."

"Come on, you know I'm kidding." I said, laughing and throwing my arm over Zane's shoulder.

"All right, we all know the rules." Heath said as the three of us stood in a circle.

"Let's just get this over with and I can beat you're asses once again." I said, taking a beer from Heath. We all poked holes in our beer and Heath counted to three before we opened them and drank from the hole we poked earlier.

"And yet again, I am the winner." I said, finishing off my beer.

"How the hell do you do that?" Heath asked looking at me.

"Every time." Zane added.

After many vodka shots and beers and maybe a few appletinis later, I finally felt like I needed to go back to my hotel room.

"I'm gonna head back to my hotel room." I said to Nat and David.

  "Do you need someone to walk back with you?" David asked.