Chapter XI

"Good morning." Nat said to me when I joined her in the lobby.

  "Morning." I responded.

  "Kenzie, are you sure you want to leave? With everything going on with your grandfather?"

"Yes, Nat, I'm sure."

  "I'm sure your professors would understand, if-"

  "Nat, I'm sure." I assured her with a small smile.

  "So, tennis." Jeff said when we were on the plane back to L.A.. "What made you want to start tennis?"

  "My mom wanted me to focus on my studies and I wanted to do sports." I started. "So as a compromise, she picked tennis for me, because it wasn't as time consuming and the chances of me getting hurt were a lot less than if I played softball or hockey."

  "Well, what sport did you want to play?"

  "Hockey."

  "Why didn't she just let you do figure skating then?"

  "She didn't trust the ice."

"That's-"

"Crazy, absolutely crazy."

"That's one way to put it. So, did you play tennis at UCLA?"

"I did for a little bit."

"A little bit?"

"Yeah, a month before my freshman started, my grandmother passed away and I didn't really know how to handle it, so I didn't. Then a few girls in my dorm, said they had molly and asked if I wanted to try and I said 'sure' and I kind of got addicted and went on a bender because I didn't want to feel sad anymore. So, my coach found out and the dean and the athletic director, after a few girls found out and told them. I lost my athletic scholarship, but they let me keep my two academic scholarships."

"That's-"

"A lot to unpack and I probably should not have told you that much."

  "No, it's fine. I promise." Jeff said, sending me a smile.

  "Your teeth are totally fake." I joked, with a smile on my face.

  "What? No they aren't." Jeff said, laughing.

"Yes they are! Your teeth are way too perfect to not be fake."

"No, they aren't."

"Jeff, come on, just tell me. I won't tell anyone else."

"Fine, you promise not to tell anyone else?"

"Sure." I said, trying to suppress a smile.

  "Fine, they're verneers."

  "David." I whisper shouted as I leaned over to my best friend sitting in the seat across from mine. Before I could tell him, I felt Jeff's hand wrap around my mouth and pulled me back closer to him.

  "Sorry, she just wanted to tell you good luck with your next video." Jeff said, keeping his hand over my mouth. In an attempt to have him let go of me, I licked his hand. I licked that bitch. But, he didn't move. When David, had turned back to his laptop, Jeff removed his hand from my mouth, but still had me held close to him. "You told me you weren't going to tell anyone!"

"Oh, well, sorry." I said, sarcastically, looking up at Jeff. "When I meant I wouldn't tell anyone, I meant anyone, besides my best friend."

"Well your best friend would've turned it into vlog material."

"Well maybe it wouldn't be such a bad thing, seeing as the vlog material has gone down quite a bit." I responded, glaring at Jeff.

"And I can't believe you licked me." Jeff, said with a disgusted look on his face, wiping his hands on his pants.

"I can't believe you covered my mouth with your hand like an absolute idiot." I threw back. "You can't just expect me to sit here letting you do that to me."

  "Would you two mind shutting up, I'm trying to edit this video!" David said to the two of us.

  "Sorry." I said, trying to hold back a laugh.