*Chapter 15*: Chapter 11: A Superhero among Fairies!

Disclaimer: Neither SAO nor One Punch-Man belong to me. I just use the plot of one and the idea of the other for my amusement.

Chapter 11: A Superhero among Fairies! Punch again, Gamer!

November 8th, 2024. Kawagoe, Saitama. Kirigaya House, 10:30...

With a soft sigh, Kazuto silently stared at the small rock on his hand, as if pondering something deep. The soft rays of the sun barely warmed the backyard of his house this late on the year, but, despite the cold morning, the gamer didn't seem to be bothered in the slightest by the weather.

Frowning slightly, the black-haired boy reared his arm back and threw the rock over the small pond near the middle of his garden.

No effort was needed for the 'phenomenon' to start.

Sighing, Kazuto let his eyes wander through the 'frozen' world at the edge of his vision, his main focus centered over the soaring rock that now seemed to be almost literally not moving. Idly, his mind told him how he should easily be able to run over the pond's water, grab the rock before it fell and return to his sitting position, all in less than an instant.

With a wince the gamer forced down the 'natural' reaction and closed that line of thought, as he had painfully learned to do this last month, acknowledging that such a thing was 'impossible' to do and letting his 'hyper-awareness' die down, the rock splashing slightly as he saw it sinking into the water.

Looking back at his hands and closing them into fists, Kazuto let out yet another sigh.

"Great...just great."

Honestly, he didn't know if he should be worried, happy or freaking out about this 'thing' that had happened to him.

The black-haired boy certainly wasn't an expert in virtual reality, and he knew very well that many of the studies and developments related to it had suffered a severe hit and halt when SAO happened, so he had no way of truly knowing if the phenomenon was restricted to just him or if they were a side-effect from his years-long FullDive.

Certainly, he could have asked Argo or the others about it, but none of them where exactly in condition to go grab a weapon and see if they could still control them like they had done in Aincrad just because he wanted to ask if they had noticed something 'weird' going on.

Because, somehow, he was still able to 'perceive the world' like Saitama did.

That was quite a simple/crazy way of putting it, but also very accurate. After all, Kazuto had never truly stopped to think that he had been essentially moving at unreal speeds, jumping impossible distance, evading deadly attacks and ending monstrous creatures for almost two years, non-stop, and that he had gotten pretty used to it even before the first month in SAO had finished. He had never stopped to think how THAT would affect him once he returned to the real world, nor would he have been particularly worried about it if he had known, to be honest.

But now, it seemed that something had indeed affected him. Maybe it was just a side-effect of having spent two years inside the virtual world, or maybe it also had to do with the fact that, while most people of SAO was limited to what 'normal humans' could do, he had essentially been a superhuman for an ungodly long period of time, only for his mind to then return to a normal body...while still conserving all the reflexes and reaction speed of someone who could break the sky with one punch.

The black-haired boy didn't know if he should be worried about it or not. As far as he knew, maybe this was in some way harmful for his mind and he should have told his parents and seek help the moment he noticed it...but he hadn't. While in part it had been because he didn't want to give any more worries to his family after the horrible trial he had put them through while trapped in SAO, a smaller, selfish part of him did so because it MISSED being like that.