*Chapter 22*: Chapter 17: True Strength!

More than 600 followers. 550 reviews. A view count of over 90000...

Every time I watch this info on my PC, I kept waiting to wake up on my bed and find that it has all been a dream...but it's not. Thanks again to everyone who has made this story the biggest thing I have ever written. I hope you can keep enjoying it till the end, my dear readers =)

So! Many tried to guess whose character the 'powers' Death Gun was showing were from, but only a few actually did get it right, because most of you were centered around the 'tentacles' bit instead of what Death Gun was REALLY showing to be able to do :P The true answer is...well, why ruin it for those who didn't get it before it's actually revealed XD? Enjoy the chapter, folks!

Disclaimer: Neither SAO nor One Punch-Man belong to me. I just use the plot of one and the idea of the other for my amusement.

Chapter 17: True Strength! The meaning behind a Punch!

September 14th, 2025. ISL Ragnarok, Gun Gale Online. Inside a river, 18:35...

It was one of those deadly situations so typical of shonen manga.

The hero was caught in a seemingly impossible situation, about to 'die', with no way to escape...

So Kirito finally reacted, 'tugging' at his binds and breaking the steel-grip of the tendrils with laughable easiness before moving his head to one side, evading the gun's bullet while his other hand shot around him at hyper speeds.

He opened it and let go of the many spherical 'balls' of darkness that had come from the shotgun's shell at the same time he touched the river's floor. It all had happened in less than 2 seconds.

Death Gun, despite having red 'lenses' covering his eyes, visibly blinked.

That was when the gamer scowled, reared back his fist...and saw how a bullet hole appeared on the hooded player's head.

Then everything EXPLODED with brutal violence, the underwater detonation sending him careening backwards through the virtual liquid from the surprise.

He had never thought about the annoyances of underwater-fighting, after all.

Up on the bridge, Sinon finally arrived and inspected the damage she had done with a small grimace. The side of the structure was all blackened and parts of it had fallen down from the explosion. It shouldn't have been possible for her weapon to do that, even with GGO's slightly lax attitude towards destructible structures, but she was sure that it had something to do with the fact that her...'acquaintance' had somehow cracked the edge of the road just in front of it.

Sighing deeply, she turned around. She regretted having just killed both Kirito and the sinister...THING together, but in her panicked state of mind from earlier it had seemed like the best idea. Whatever that 'Death Gun' had done to Dyne and Pale Rider, she didn't want to see it happening to the caped boy too, so the best option had been...

The sudden sound of splashing water caught her attention, making her turn in shock in time to see the gamer jumping back on the bridge, shaking himself like a wet dog and sighing before deadpanning at her.

"Okay, I know I may not be in your friendly list right now, but did you really have to blow me up underwater? That sent me spinning backwards all dizzy!"

"You...what...? I-I just hit you almost point blank with one of Hecate's explosive rounds! Those are enough to take down even a vehicle, how the hell are you unharmed?!"

"Ehm...well..."

Before Kirito could even try to make up a proper excuse, another sound froze both teens' minds dead on their tracks.