10

Chapter Ten| Lily
🌸

"So are you two together then?" Elle questions and I shrug my shoulders.

"He's taking me out for dinner tonight, so I guess we'll talk about things then." Elle squeals and rushes to my wardrobe to try and find me something to wear.

"What did I tell you a couple years ago!" I laugh at how excited she is. "What do your parents think?"

"Mum's over the moon. Dad not so much." I give her a tight-lipped smile. "He's convinced that Aleksio will end up breaking my heart and you know how overprotective my dad is, he'll murder Aleksio."

Elle sighs but nods her head, agreeing with what I said.

"Well let's hope it doesn't get to that. Now let's get you ready. What time is he picking you up!" She questions as she goes back to browsing through my clothes.

"My dad is taking me." She looks at me with confused eyes and I sigh. "You know what my dad is like, Elle. It was either that or me not going at all."

"Okay, how long have we got?" I look at my watch and my eyes widen.

"An hour and a half!"

•••

"Are you trying to give your dad a heart attack?!" My dad exclaims, looking at my outfit as he stands by his car.

"Stop being so dramatic, old man

"Stop being so dramatic, old man." I roll my eyes and his eyes widen.

"Old man?!" He leans back. "Old man! Get in the car!" He rolls his eyes and opens the door for me.

I give him my best smile and his frown turns into a smile that reflects my own.

"Gonna be the death of me along with your crazy mother." He mumbles before getting into the drivers side. "What time am I picking you up?" He questions as he puts the car into first and then begins to drive.

I bite my lip. "I'm not coming home." I whisper and he slams on the breaks before we can even exit the drive.

He turns to me with angry eyes. "You're going to tell me that was a joke, princess." I look away.

"Dad, I'm twenty years old." I sigh, sinking into the back of the seat.

"You're my daughter, Lily Morello. I worry about you, princess." He sighs and begins to drive again. "I don't want that boy breaking your heart. I'd lose my fucking shit."

"Dad!" I exclaim.

"Sometimes I wish you were five again but even then you had a crazy attitude, always so stubborn like your mother." He rubs his fingers through his long hair and sighs again.

"You need to let go of this grudge you have against Aleksio. I love you but you're being too harsh on him." He throws me a look and purses his lips.