1

"If life could give me one blessing, it would be to take you off my hands!" The bard flinched at his companion's words. All he could do was part his lips and frown as the Witcher turned around.

"Right..." Jaskier looked down at the rock he stood on, tears were on the brink of falling from his azure eyes, something that didn't happen too often. "I'll... I'll get the story from the others." He bit down on his bottom lip, "see you around, Geralt."

The Witcher and bard have had small quarrels before. Small fights over inns, contracts, or the bard not doing what he was told. But this was their biggest yet.

Jaskier gathered his things back at the camp, not bothering to speak to anyone. For once, he didn't have anything to say. Each glance or overall look was ignored, he didn't have time to say anything.

Geralt wanted him gone, so he was to do so, even if he himself didn't want to.

Julian's eyes fluttered open, the sunlight shining through his curtains and hitting him directly in his eyes was quite the wake-up call.

A loud groan escaped his lips. The striking hour of eight am wasn't his plan to rise and start the day.

The phone on his nightstand buzzed, revealing thousands of notifications: emails, calls, and texts. Most were from the same person, while the others were reminders and random numbers.

But that wasn't his primary goal at this lovely hour. No, a wonderful cup of coffee was always his first priority. It always helped him wake up.

"If life could give me one blessing, it would be to take you off my hands!"

Julian used his arms to push off his bed. A series of POPS! echoed through the bedroom as he stretched. His lips formed a frown when the man's gruff voice filled his head.

This was a strange dream and his first. The scenery was medieval, monsters roamed around the land, and he was a bard. A bard! He was in the company of what people thought was a monster:

"Geralt..." Julian stared at the Keurig as it groaned, heating the water up. A silver-haired man with blazing gold eyes that lit up like flames in a fire. People called him a Witcher, someone who fought monsters for coin. And he was the man's companion... no- Jaskier was the man's companion.

But he didn't see Jaskier in his dream. No, people looked at Julian and called him Jaskier.

Julian snorted and shook his head, dismissing the silly though. "Just a dream," he reminded himself. Though it all seemed too real to be one.

Low buzzing from the coffee maker turned Julian's attention away from his thoughts. Perhaps his mind was simply tired and needed a bit of energy.

He had a long day ahead of him, and thoughts over reality couldn't fit into his schedule. Just a dream...