15

All aboard the feels train!

It was bound to happen sooner or later. They should've known better. He should've known better.

Jaskier was quite shocked when the dagger pierced his chest. His reaction was crystal clear too.

A contract started it. A very simple contract: hunt down the werewolf and collect the coin. Too simple.

The contract didn't take long either. Geralt was only gone for a mere twenty minutes- but that was a long enough time for his bard to get into some trouble. It was long enough for anyone to get into trouble.

The innkeeper has noticed the love bites on Jaskier's neck. He smiled and decided to ask about it, about how rough the woman must be in bed.

"O-Oh... yes I suppose he- she's quite rough," Jaskier replied, hoping the innkeeper would look past his little hiccup. He was usually careful with pronouns, just in case someone didn't think too kindly of men bedding men.

But, Jaskier should've known better than to get his hopes up.

Next thing he knew, the bard was running for his dear life. To have someone who loved the same sex to waltz into their perfect little town- no. They even thought that murder wouldn't be too far at all, it was the perfect way to get rid of the monster Jaskier was.

It was a wonderful throw, from the villager's point at least. The innkeeper's son removed the dagger from his side and aimed for the heart. He received pats on the back for his achievement, their town was perfect once more.

Jaskier didn't want to go yet. He wanted to do so many things- he had so many things to do in his life! And Geralt wasn't beside him...

"Don't do anything, Geralt..." Jaskier's chest rose and fell at a strange pace. "People respond
d-differently to things t-they don't understand." He managed a weak smile, then turned to look at the stars. "I'll see you in the next life, Geralt. Don't forget me..."

"NO!" Julian cried out and opened his eyes, his hands went straight to his chest where Jaskier had been pierced. "Fuck..." It hurt so bad. Why did it hurt?

The door to his room opened, revealing a tired-looking Damien. "Jules, are you-" his mouth parted and his eyes widened. "Julian..."

Damien hurried over to the bedside and grabbed his friend's shaky hands. "Dammit, Julian, stop." He watched tears stream down his cheeks like he was in pain. "What's wrong?"

"M-My chest-" Julian breathed and took his hands back, quickly pulling off the light blue tee he was wearing. "It fucking hurts... I c-can't—" He stopping talking in order to catch his breath, crying and searching for unneeded air wasn't doing him any good.

"Holy shit." Damien reached his fingers to the brunette's chest, brushing over a faded scar.

Next to Julian's heart was a scar that hadn't been there before. A scar in the shape of a knife wound.