17

"You sure it's him though?" Julian asked while getting dressed. His mood had lifted a little, they were going to the café to see if they could catch 'Geralt'.

Damien shrugged. "Sean was pretty clear about the amber eyes, Jules. He said it scared the shit outta him."

The brunette scowled. Even in the modern world people were scared. "Yeah, let's hurry up before we lose him."

*   *   *

A Tuesday afternoon, the streets weren't totally jam-packed, so there was enough time to get there.

"Line's a little long, so he'll be in there for a little bit." Damien watched his friend tap his fingers anxiously on his leg. "Hey, you gonna be alright, Jules?"

The brunette shakily sighed. "I-I honestly don't know, Damien." They were standing outside the coffee shop due to the line being backed up to the door. "Seriously, if your friend's wrong, I might kill him."

All Damien could do was laugh at his statement, which after two weeks, brought a smile to his lips.

"What're you gonna order, Jules?" People started to stare at them, some caught the words 'kill him' and edged away, thinking that it wasn't much of a joke. "I don't know about you, but I'm digging a mocha."

Julian moved forward and opened the door, the line was short enough. "My usual, Damien, a bicerin." He stood up on his toes and tried to look for silver hair or amber eyes. The place was crowded.

"Julian?" A raspy voice called from the other side of the café. Charlie. "The hell you doing here? Does the word 'vacation' not mean anything to you?"

The brunette shook his head. "I'm feeling a little better, my friend just wanted some coffee." He patted Damien's back. "Ran out of vanilla coffee beans at home, and he's lazy."

Charlie rolled his eyes. "Sure, keep your secrets, Julian." The older man looked behind them, small bits of hope in his green eyes. "You seen Mike? He says he's coming home today, and that he'll visit me at work."

Julian shook his head. "Sorry, I haven't seen your husband since he left for Afghanistan five months ago." He patted his back. "Have you seen a man with silver hair and amber eyes come in here?"

"Yeah, I'd never forget a customer like that." A small chuckle left his mouth. "He scared the shit outta Jonathan, he growled his order to the boy. I've never seen him like that, I had to hold in my laughter!"

"Is he still here?" Desperation leaked the brunette's tone, but the boss ignored it.

"Coffee for Geralt!" Jonathan called from the counter.

The silver hair was clear at this point, as was his entire figure. And it didn't help any that he turned around and looked straight at Julian.

(Sorry it's so short, as much as I like torturing y'all, I want to push the chapters out.)