9

The bard wasn't ready. After Yennefer left, half his conscious wanted to run away and hide, while the other told him to man-up as much as possible and face the Witcher.

Jaskier sighed and tapped his thigh while making his way toward the inn. What to say was the question. Yell at Geralt about what he did? Hear the man out? Make him apologize for the pain he caused?

"Evening good madam, would you mind telling me which room the Witcher is in?" Jaskier gave the innkeeper his signature smile, hoping that would ease things up.

The woman pointed at the steps. "Last room on your right, sir. Would you like a room or are you sharing?" Looks like the smile did its job, he didn't need his own room, meaning the Witcher was paying.

Jaskier shook his head. "No thank you, I'll be sharing with him." He bowed then made his way up the steps. It seemed as if Geralt isn't back yet, which gives the bard plenty of time to think.

"Mr. Pankratz!" Julian gasped and shot his head up. A woman stood in front of him with an annoyed expression on her face. "Donna will see you now."

Oh, he had fallen asleep again. Dreaming about Geralt and Jaskier. He had never fallen asleep so much before, it was such a strange experience. Charlie had nearly chewed his ear off for sleeping on his break, but how was he to help it? Coffee and energy drinks did nothing.

"My apologies, miss." Julian stood up from his seat, ignoring the eye roll the woman had given him.

Sunday, 1:35. He had told his friend, as promised, about his experience and that their usual lunch together would be canceled.

"You're seeing a therapist about dreams that you've been having... because you want to know what's going on." Damien watched his friend flush, it was embarrassing to discuss, at least that's what he assumed. "And... you're Jaskier, who's angry at his lover?"

Julian shook his head. "No, he's not my lover-" he paused. "He's not Jaskier's lover. They're angry at each other."

Damien raised an eyebrow at the hiccup. "Well, based on what you told me, maybe this is reincarnation, and Jaskier's you from... the late 1200s it sounds like." The brunette scowled. "And Geralt- he's your past lover- well, maybe because the two of you are having issues."

"Well, your friend's not wrong." Julian parted his lips in shock. "That's what I was going to tell you, reincarnation. But he clearly beat me to it, congrats." Donna put a hand under her chin and watched her client's face scrunch up.

Either Donna and Damien were crazy, plotting to ruin his life (highly unlikely), or they were both telling the truth...

"I'm not lying to you, Julian Pankratz." Donna sighed and pressed a finger to her temple, she always had clients like this- she should be used to it by now. "What you're seeing, or more of what you're experiencing is real. Something like this- it's not something to deceive with. That'd be cruel."

Julian bit down harshly on his bottom lip. "So... does everyone else have these too? Everyone has been reincarnated?" He hoped- no, he wanted there to be more like him.

"No... not really," Donna shook her head. "You're lucky to get these memories, perhaps something is happening and destiny needs you to remember." She hated that word, it being rare that someone actually had it.

And by the looks of it, poor Julian Pankratz had one. One that was full of trouble and complexity-

He was going to be extremely lucky if none of it drove him insane.

This book has become my religion or something I'm kinda scared-