𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

A/N: After this chapter, it will start following MKX's story mode more closely. We're just gonna pretend Smoke and Sareena were around for it tho lmao.
Also, yeah, I decided to change the name of the book, because the old one made me cringe 😂💀

__________________
__
Tabbi
__________________

The next morning, after waking up, I still wasn't sure what to think. It felt like Kuai had dropped a bomb on me the night before. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed. Sure, there may have been some glances that lasted a bit too long. But, never did I ever think he liked me. As I looked back on it, I realized just how stupid I was. I read back through the poetry he wrote, and there was no doubt about it.

Tomas didn't just like me, as Kuai put it. Tomas was in love with me. As I thought about it, it all came rushing back. My mind fluttered back to my birthday, just before Bi-Han, Cyrax and Sektor would be sent off to participate in the tournament. When Kuai and I had been gone, him giving me his present, Cyrax had been teasing Smoke. For what exactly, I hadn't been so sure of. Until now, that is.

_________________
__
Pre MK9 Flashback
Smoke's POV
(that's right we're trying something different this time 😳)
_____________________

As soon as Kuai and Tabbi walked away from the group to talk in private, Cyrax started in on me. It wasn't the first time he'd teased me for this, and it wasn't the last time.

"Really, man? A poetry book?" Cyrax asked, about ready to burst into laughter.

I felt my face turn red. "What?"

"That just ain't the way you tell a girl you like her," Cyrax shook his head. "You gotta actually tell her,"

"Tabbi will know what it means," Bi-Han rolled his eyes. "She's a smart girl,"

"You didn't seem to think so at Christmas," I couldn't stop myself from saying it out loud. Usually I kept my thoughts to myself, but what Bi-Han did to Tabbi at Christmas was uncalled for.

Bi-Han stood up. "I'm taking that as my cue to leave. I'm not gonna fight you over this again,"

"You had no reason to say that stuff to her face, Bi-Han. It wasn't necessary. Think those things if you want, but for the love of the gods, don't say it out loud,"

Bi-Han turned his back on Cyrax and I and made his way back to the temple.

"See, now that's the kinda stuff you need to do when Tabbi's actually around," Cyrax noted, "you totally just stood up for her, and she wasn't even here to see it,"

"I would stand up for her no matter what. She deserves that much,"

"She also deserves to know how you feel. For real. You can't just keep hoping she notices. Tabbi may be smart, but she can't read minds,"

I let out a sigh, knowing he was right. There was no way I could keep leaving little hints, as she obviously wasn't very good at seeing them.

I glanced over at Kuai and Tabbi. I couldn't help but feel a ping of jealousy in my heart. She didn't know, so there was no way she could've been able to tell how I felt. How much it would hurt sometimes.