𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖊𝖓

Tabbi

"What time did Johnny say they would be here tomorrow?" I asked Kuai, who was trying his hardest to figure out how to work the cell phone Johnny Cage had given him.

"What?" He questioned, looking up.

"What time did Johnny say Cassie and the other kids would be here?"

"Around 6 something," Kuai answered with a shrug. "Not to worry, though. We should be prepared. I want you, Sareena and Smoke to be in the temple with Johnny. It is better that you do. I'd rather you not get hurt,"

"I won't get hurt," I crossed my arms. "What, now you're gonna be all protective of me?"

"Yes," Kuai nodded. "I just want you to be safe. It is all I have ever wanted for you," Kuai put the cell phone down, and patted the empty space next to him on the bed. Our bed. It was still weird to say that.

I made my way over, as I rubbed my eyes.

"Are you alright?" Kuai asked, covering me up with the blanket. "You seem tired,"

"I am tired," I nodded, with a giggle. "and you must be exhausted,"

Kuai scoffed. "Is exhausted the word for it? Or is there a much better word to explain how I feel at the moment?"

"Overworked?"

  "That, too," He nodded. "I am just glad we are finally getting some alone time,"

And he was right. The time between Kuai and I getting together, and what I'm talking about right now, had been nothing short of hectic. Members of the clan wouldn't stop asking when the marriage would be, and the next time we saw Johnny, he wouldn't let up.

"Is he cold in bed?" He had asked. "Do you guys use cryomancy in bed?" However, bed wasn't exactly the word he used. I'll spare that for you, to keep your minds clean.

Kuai and I had barely gotten a moment's rest since Smoke had finally been restored, and Sareena came to stay with us either. The clan had a huge banquet to celebrate Smoke, and to thank Sareena, and the clan was as lively as ever after Smoke came back.

To put it simply, Kuai and I were finally getting some alone time that was desperately needed.

I sighed as I leaned my head against Kuai's shoulder. "I'm glad we get to rest,"

"As am I. The elder Gods know we need it,"

"For once they're doing some good," I nodded.

  Kuai and I stayed up into the night, talking strategies for the next day, and wondering how Johnny's team would fight.
Early the next morning, we had to prepare. Kuai took some of our best students, training them, while Smoke, Sareena and I stayed inside the temple, eating our breakfast in the dining hall.

"I just wonder how Johnny's team will take their defeat," Sareena said with a laugh.

"It is likely that they will lose," Smoke nodded, while sighing.

"Anyways, that isn't what I came here to talk about,"

"What did you come here to talk about?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.