Missing

It was close to 12AM and Lena was worried. She had been waiting for a text that you had arrived home safely for the past hour since you had never sent one. Lena thought it was strange that you hadn't given her a call or at least a message and it made her nervous. She didn't want to think that something must've happened to you but she couldn't help herself as you had promised to let her know when you arrived. 

As it hit 12, Lena decided to call you, hoping that you might've just forgotten but it went unanswered. She felt silly for overreacting about this but considering it was late when the two of you had made your way home, it just made her panic even more. 

She had no other way of contacting you or even your friend, Kara so Lena was going to have to wait until you replied to her or until she met up with you at your coffee shop. She tried getting some sleep but Lena just kept tossing and turning, hoping that you had might've just fallen asleep. 

X

Lena ended up staying awake the entire night since you never replied to her. As 6AM hit, Lena rushed to get decent and headed out to your coffee shop to see that you were alright. Her heart starts to race when you're not at the counter and neither is Kara. 

"Excuse me?"

Lena calls the attention to the only barista in the coffee shop.

"What can I get for you, ma'am?"

"I don't know if it's okay to ask but do you know if (y/n) will come to work today."

"I'm not allowed to discuss when my coworkers come in to work."

Lena lets out a quiet curse and nods. Of course, she couldn't. Only creeps would want to know when their favorite barista would come to work.

"Right. It's just that we went out on a date and I'm worried something happened to her. She was supposed to let me know if she had gotten home safely but I didn't receive anything."

The barista looked at Lena for the longest time before answering. 

"I'm unsure of where she is. Kara, our other boss called me to see if I could fill in for them. Apologized for giving such a late notice and said they'll try to come back as soon as possible."

Hearing this does not calm Lena down. Several theories pop into her mind but she pushes them aside as she hands the barista her card. 

"Please, give me a call if you know anything or have them give me a call."

"Yes, ma'am"

Lena left the coffee shop and headed into work. She could've taken the day off but she would've drove herself mad as she would just try to figure out what could've happened."

X

Kara woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She quickly glanced at who was calling her and answer when she saw it was one of the baristas that she had bothered to come into work. 

"Nat, is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine, Ms. Danvers. I just wanted to let you know that a Dr. Luthor had stopped by and asked about Ms. (last name). Said that she was supposed to get a message to let her know that she had made it home safely but she never received one and she's worried. Is Ms. (last name), okay?"

"She just had some minor complications. We'll be able to go back to work tomorrow."

"I can come in tomorrow if you'd like. Just to give the two of you some time to rest."

"It's fine, Nat. You're busy with school. Besides you know how stubborn (y/n). She'll hates missing any shifts. We'll see you soon and please give me a call if you need anything."

"Of course, please tell Ms. (last name) that I hope she feels better."

"Will do. Bye Nat."

The two of them hang up and Kara stands to stretch her muscles after sleeping in such an comfortable chair. She heads to your room, finding that you and Alex were fighting. 

"What's going on?"

"(y/n), has been demanding to get her phone back. Saying that she needs to talk to someone and I keep telling her that all that matters is for her to rest."

"Alex, you're making her yell and that's not good for her. It won't hurt to let her have her phone for a few minutes.'

Alex rolls her eyes and hands you your phone before storming out. 

"She'll be fine. You just gave her a scare when the hospital called to let us know what happened."

You nod as you listen to her talk while you scrolled through your contact list. 

"Lena, stopped by the coffee shop. Nat said that she had come in to check on you since you never let her know if you made it home safely. I think I'm going to like Lena. She genuinely cares for you."

"I really like her to. I should call her."

"No, just send her a text that you're fine. Alex is right about you needing your rest."

"But Kara.."

"No, you scared us. Send her a message and then get some sleep."

You sigh and nod. Not understanding how you could let her think she could boss you around. 

"Fine, Ms. bossy pants."

X

'Sorry about not messaging you last night. Wasn't feeling too well but doing better now. Thank you for caring."

Lena let out a sigh of relief when she read your message. 

'I'm happy to hear that. I hope you feel better and please let me know if there's anything you need. I am at your service.'