Snowball

Lena's work situation hadn't gotten better after the week. In fact, it got worse. Lena wasn't even able to come stay with you after her surgeries because you lived too far away from the hospital. Lena had been called to emergencies and would always arrive late to the point that someone else had to fill in for her until she had arrived. 

You couldn't' fault her for her busy schedule. Surgeons were bound to work late hours. It just really sucked that you hadn't been able to spend a single day with your girlfriend who you greatly missed. The few messages here and there were just not enough. 

"You know, if you just tell her that you miss her, I'm sure Lena would figure out a way to make tie for you."

"I know she will but her job literally saves lives. I'm not going to stop her from performing a surgery just because I missed her. This is just temporary, things will go back to normal soon enough."

"Alright, if you say so."

X

"What is it, Kara? You've been annoyingly at my side since I arrived."

"What? I'm usually like this. I have no idea what you're talking about."

You roll your eyes at her, she was far too easy to read. 

"Just ask what you're going to ask so we can go back to work."

"Andrea, wants to go on a vacation with me."

"So? What's the problem? You don't seem too excited about it."

"I don't want to leave you alone. Alex is visiting Eliza and Lena's been busy with her job."

"Kara, don't be ridiculous. I can take care of myself. I don't need anyone to watch over me."

"I'm not saying that someone has to watch over you..."

"Yes, you are. You literally don't want to go on a vacation with your girlfriend because of me. Might I remind you that you've been wanting to go on a vacation with her for so long."

"I changed my mind about it. We're moving far too quickly for my taste."

"You've been dating for a year! How is that moving far too quickly?"

"You know how I am, (y/n). I like to move at a turtle's pace."

"You're full of shit, you know that. Go tell her that you'll go on vacation with her."

"I don't want to."

You take her phone and run out of the coffee shop to send Andrea a message about Kara agreeing to go on vacation with her. You finally stop running around for Kara to catch up to her. 

"Looks like you're going to Paris. Better start learning your French."

"I hate you."

"Which is code for 'I love you.'"

X

Kara had been gone for almost two days and you didn't want to admit that she was right about leaving you alone. You've always had either Alex, Andrea or Kara to distract you when you started to go towards a downwards spiral. You wanted to call Lena and let her know what was going on but you didn't want to bother her. If you could just get through the next couple of days, everything would be fine. 

X

You might've spoken too soon as an employee ended up quitting during the day of one of their shifts and you were struggling to find someone to cover for his shift. None of your employees could come help so it was just you dealing with all the orders on your own. You were completely exhausted by the time the evening shift came to relieve you that you didn't even have the energy  to go through the entire process of an interview. You dialed the first person that had a decent resume about getting the job and had them report the next day to begin their training. 

With everything that had happened since you had been left on your own, you neglected to take care of yourself despite reassuring Kara. Things had just been so busy at the café with Kara being gone, one of your employee's quitting and then dealing with the training of the newest hire. 

Everything just crashed during the middle of one of your shifts.