Morning

You woke up to find yourself alone. The side opposite of you was cold, letting you know that it had been a while since Lena had left. You reached up to grab the pillow she had used to sleep so you can cuddle with it when your hands touch a note. 

'Morning, (y/n). If you're reading this, it means that I wasn't able to come back to your place before you woke up. I was asked to perform an emergency surgery and figured that I might be able to finish before you woke up. It's a simple surgery so I'll probably back before breakfast. I'll give you a call before I come back so I can pick up some breakfast for you...."

Just then, your phone rings. You smile as you check the caller ID and find that it was Lena calling you. 

"Morning, Lena. I was actually just reading your letter."

"Good morning to you too. I'm guessing that you just woke up?"

"Yeah, I'm still a little tired from the treatment I got. It usually takes me a few days to be able to wake up early."

"Well then how does an American breakfast?"

"You know the way to my heart. Hurry back."

"I'll do my best."

You hung up with a smile on your face. You couldn't believe that you had been lucky enough to find someone like Lena. She was honestly so sweet and patient with you. Your smile then turns to a frown when you realize that you still had to tell Lena about your medical condition. It was still early for you to tell her but you knew that sooner or later, you would have to tell her. For now, you had to hurry and get ready before Lena arrived. 

X

You looked in amazement as you watched the pile of food cover your entire table. 

"I might've gone a little overboard with the food."

You just laughed and kissed her cheek. 

"Don't worry about it. We can always have breakfast for dinner as well."

The two of you turn to the front door that had opened, finding Alex and Kara on the other side. 

"Lena, did you stay over?"

Kara asked with a smirk. Lena turned a bright shade of red and quickly shock her head before stopping and then nodding.

"Y-yes and n-o. I stayed over but we didn't do anything!"

"Sure, you didn't."

You rolled your eyes at Kara.

"Kara, stop bothering Lena. Why are you here anyways? I thought you were still on the early shift."

"I'm came here to check how you're doing. I had someone cover my shift. You should be glad that we came to visit you. It doesn't look the two of you are going to finish all that food. Lucky for you, we're here."

"Kara, lets be serious. You'll be the one to eat like 50% of the food."

"Alex! Do you want breakfast or not? I can easily kick you out."

"Kara, you're not kicking anyone out. The two of you are free to join us for breakfast."

With the four of you sitting, Lena in front of you, you mouther a quick apology to Lena. You knew she had expected for it to just be the two of you. 

X

Breakfast is soon finished and the three of them are heading out to leave after they had helped you clean up. All of them claimed that they had work but would try to come back before night fell. Kara and Alex left earlier, leaving just you and Lena. 

"Do you really have to go to work? You did perform an emergency surgery. Shouldn't they give you some time to rest."

"As much as I want to stay here and cuddle with you, I still have other surgeries to perform. I'm booked for most of the week but I'll try to come visit you when I have some free time."

You smiled and leaned in to kiss her.

"It's okay. I don't want you to keep you from saving lives. You're needed elsewhere. Besides, I'm still stuck on bedrest for another week so we'll have other opportunities to stay in."

"I can't wait till then."

She leaned down to kiss you one more time before she reluctantly leaves to head back to the hospital. 

Finally alone, you headed back to the living room to finish the show that you had started before Lena had come to accompany you. It sucked being stuck in your apartment and it was all because you hadn't taken care of yourself. You knew that it would eventually come back and bite you in the ass but sometimes it was easy to forget that your heart wasn't as strong as before.