Working it off

(I'm finally at work)

Rose- "Thank you "

(Well ,I'm glad I could at least make her happy. I may not have a love life but seeing a costumer's smile is good enough for me .)

This is Jikugaoka , gime yo soñé of the best pastries in Japan .

Salon de I 'ange , Featured on multiple times on television as well as in magazines , competes as on of the top pastries ever here in Jikugaoka. And I have the great fortune of working there !

Sakurako- "Those customers over there would like one of your mont blancs added to their order."

Sakurako another pastry chef here ,casts her eyes over to a table by the window where two men are seated .

Regular A had dark brown hair and hazel eyes , he had a interesting taste in fashion but had a little of mystery to him. Regular B hard dark black hair and dark eyes ,he seems to be a happy person.

(Those two are regulars . They've been dropping by a lot lately .)

(They were just eating one of my shortcakes . They must really have a thing for cakes . )

Sakurako- "And they said they wanted your phone number ."

Rose- " If they're looking for a phone number we'd better get one of the shop's cards.

(Sakurako looked at me with a mad face )

Sakurako- "Whoa there ,Rose !
What are you saying?"

Sakurako- " They asked specifically for your cakes ! "

Sakurako- " They don't want the store's number . They want yours , obviously!"

Rose- "Hm? Oh...ah."

Sakurako- "I don't see what's so great about you , Rose. You're already married to your job anyway ..."

That comment was hurtful but I brush it off without a second thought .

(So... they're hitting on me !?)

(No there's no way.)

Sakurako- "The Mont Blanc is ready ."

Sakurako- "Since they asked about you ,why don't you go ahead and take it out to them ? "

* thud *

Sakurako thrusts the tray with the Mont Blanc into my arms and then shoves me toward table 5.

Rose- " Hey...!"

Those little arms of her pack quite the punch though , and I begin to trip over my self.

( Ah...Oh no... No...! I'm going to... fall...! )

I brace myself with my right foot with all my force I can muster ... And that's when it happens .

I feel the tray in my hand suddenly become lighter than before .

Regular A- " Ugh..."

Rose- " Ah..."

( Aaaaaah !? The Mont Blanc flew off and landed on the customer's forehead! )

Regular A- "...... Feels cold. "

Rose- " I-I'm so sorry !"

Regular A- "I just gotta ask ... Is if proper etiquette here for a pastry chef to throw a customer's cake in his face ?"

Regular B- "Haha. You know, Mont Blanc looks good on you."

Regular A- "Shut up."

He takes some of the cream off his forehead with his fingertip, moving it to his mouth .

Regular B- " How is it ?"

Regular A- " ... Yep that settles it."

Regular A- " Are you the one who made this cake?"

Rose- " Y-Yes , that's correct ..."

Regular B- " Do you mind telling me your name? "

Rose- "...It's Rose Kogami."

( Ugh. He's smiling but I just know he's going to complain ... )

Owner- "Sir ! Sir, I'm terribly ,terribly sorry!"

Regular A- "Well, you better . You don't expect me to give my money to this kind of place?"

Regular B- "I think our business here is done . We'll be leaving now."

Regular A- "Yeah, I don't think we need to come back ."

(Oh...They left.)

After the two men left, the owner turns and looks at me out of the corner of his eye.

Owner- " Ms. Kogami , could I see you in my office , please? "

Rose- " ...Yes , sir ."