seasons

This collection of poetry told the tale between a young man and his boyfriend, who experiences severe depression.

They started off in summer, a reflection of the boyfriends high point. They would laugh together in the sunlight and reflect their uttermost love for one another. Everything was nothing but perfect. He would constantly be happy and show his affection to the boy... and ignore the feelings that were about to begin. Fall.

The next phase was Fall. The boyfriend was beginning his slow destruction, known as the time between fall and winter. He was cracking slowly and tried his best to smile for the boy, although they both knew he was suffering. He tried his best to show love and care for him... but how can you care for another if you can't even take care of yourself?

Winter... the boyfriend broke. He lost himself, along with the one he loved. He broke completely and fell into his severe depression. The boy tried everything he could to pull his love out of it... but he couldn't. This wasn't something that he could fix, believe it or not. Sometimes we would all love to fix our partners, help them through their darkest times...  but sometimes, we must take a step back. Sometimes... people need to help themselves. They have to want it.

In spring, the boyfriend slowly came back to life, as the world does in spring. See, he couldn't control the depression he had felt. He didn't expect his lover to stay beside him. He didn't want to put him through that pain, no matter what happened. When he slowly got better... he couldn't help but beg him to love him once more.

And he did. He always would.

But god, did he fear for fall.
For Winter.