- 06

the second time they'd gone to the beach, their group had been much smaller and such a fact put hongjoong at ease.

"it's way too hot today," seonghwa spoke up from abreast him as he tossed his backpack to the pebbled ground, "i bet the water will feel great."

and hongjoong merely nodded, watching in anticipation as the boy slid his t-shirt off, exposing his lithe and marginally toned torso to the glow of the afternoon sun.

he felt wrong, bashful, and forced his eyes to the sea before him, gazing upon the people that swam and played without a care.

"are you sure you won't come in today either?"

hongjoong startled, meeting the irises that shimmered with a silent plea, and belatedly shook his head, ignoring the way his pulse quickened.

"you can keep your top on," seonghwa suggested, "there aren't many of us so you don't have to be shy about holding onto me either. please?"

a beat, during which they held one another's stare and hongjoong's mind was in a disarray, hectically weighing out the pros and cons prior to realising that disappointing seonghwa was the worst thing that he could possibly allow himself to do.

"okay," he caved, and seonghwa smiled, setting his hot palm upon hongjoong's shoulder.

his hand was lighter than that of the man - hongjoong didn't fear it.

"you'll love it, i promise!"

but hongjoong wanted to tell him that his affirmation was unneeded, for as long as seonghwa was with him, he'd love even the pain of a thousand daggers,
because there was you.

》》》

thanks for reading this crap lol
please vote, comment and share