+ 07

the heat was immeasurable, a torment to stay in for so many hours, but whilst he was suffering from it, seonghwa was playing football with rest of the group.

hongjoong realised that perhaps the older wasn't the best of players, but he was good enough to score multiple goals and that was something the former could only dream of.

his flushed flesh glimmered in the sunlight, perspiration making his hair fall in strands over his forehead as he ran, going over the curve of his cheeks whenever he smiled, only to be tapped dry with the neckline of his t-shirt.

"over here!"

and the match went on, hongjoong watching from a small spot in the shade as seonghwa ran and ran, scored and missed, until his team won and their cheers rang through the yard.

hongjoong didn't dare near the boys and girls who yelled and paraded about in their moment of victory, but waited to greet seonghwa with a cool bottle of water and a tissue for his sweat when he eventually strolled up to him.

"what'd you think, joong?" he asked, prior to uncapping the bottle and hungrily taking hefty gulps of it.

"you were the coolest," hongjoong replied earnestly, eyes flickering to the drops that spilled over cherry lips and down a curved neck.

seonghwa hummed, then pulling the bottle from his mouth and minimally wiping himself dry with the back of his hand.

"why don't you come play with me a bit?" he offered, hand reaching out to playfully tussle the seated boy's hair, "the others are leaving to go eat. it'll be just us."

the younger's skin prickled at the final phrase, nerves dotting his eagerness to say yes.

"you know i suck at football, hwa."

and seonghwa nodded, because it was true.

"yeah, but you don't have to be good at something to do it. just do it because it's fun."

so hongjoong took the hand jutted towards him and pulled himself onto his feet. they kicked and passed the tearing ball between them, seonghwa showing off some tricks he'd learned and trying to teach them to honjoong when he saw the sparkle in the shorter's eyes believing it to be for the sport.
it really was, of course,
because there was you.

》》》

thanks for reading
please vote, comment and share