+ 11

alcohol buzzed along his every nerve, not enough that the birthday party became enjoyable or that he was completely free of himself, but enough that some pain had been alleviated and the consistent flow of loud music blurred together, setting him into a sort of trance. the people and noise were unpleasant, even to his slightly inebriated mind, and his sole goal was that of finding the door that lead out.

he wove his way as carefully as he could through the cluster of people, not interested in lingering touches or looks, until the magnificent sign of an exit came into view and he hurried just that little bit faster towards it. once he'd pushed the door open, he scurried out and shut it behind him.

it was brisk outside, his skin rising with goosebumps and shivers trickling along his vertebrae as he stood, looking around.

not many had left the party, he came to realise, just those few who wanted to smoke or needed a break from the mass of human limbs. it was fine, hongjoong decided, walking to a two metre wide platform linked to a wall and pulling himself up onto it, as long as he could see the sky.

he sat on the cement and crossed his legs, leaning back against his palms as his eyes dazedly floated about, devoid of thought or purpose.

"thought i'd seen you leave."

the ends of his lips faintly curled, his pulse quickening for a flash of a moment.

"and you came to check-up on me?"

"well," seonghwa grunted as he set his hands onto the platform and wriggled his way up it with a final pull, "if i don't, who will?"

his smile rained sugar grains and petals, but hongjoong's current state of thinking processed the phrasing with a stiffening jaw and flitting eyes.

"i'm not your task, hwa," the older's head tilted, "you don't need to check on me."

seonghwa appeared to mull over his words as a faint wrinkle formed between his brows, and then a puff of air was leaving from his parted, glossed lips, and he was sitting perilously near to the smaller.

"maybe i don't need to, but i want to," he softly said, a shimmer in his eyes that held hongjoong enthralled, and the latter felt the muscle in his chest twist and jump.

a lingering whisper of a bassline hummed through the still, early autumn air around them, and the muffled voices and cheers pranced through its pauses with a delicacy their true nature did not possess.

there was something suffocating yet ineffably freeing about the moment, as though time had fallen still and the world were encased in a glass bubble, painted a midnight blue and bejewelled by shards of diamonds. hongjoong found that breathing had become a manual ordeal, his mind so utterly fogged with nothing that it no longer perceived his necessity for oxygen.

he let himself lie back onto the concrete, uncaring about it possibly being filthy or the risk of stains, for the instant he blinked up at the night sky and saw an ocean reflected back at him, nothing really mattered.

"it's a beautiful view."

hongjoong's head dipped to the left, peering over at seonghwa who had mimicked his previous action and then turned to him as well.

he smiled, the other did the same.

"it is."

seonghwa let out a breath, lashes fluttering as his sight flickered from the constellations to hongjoong. it was at that moment, with the slow rise and fall of their chests, that the older lifted a hand and guided it over that of hongjoong, lowering it until the heat of his palm came into contact with the coolness of the latter's skin.

hongjoong staggered an inhale, seonghwa rubbed the pad of his thumb across the supple flesh, delicate as though the boy's hand were of fine china.

"i know we're both scared, joong, i know."

his hold fastened, his sight intent on the constellations above while hongjoong's was strained on him.

"the world is terrifying. reality is terrifying. the unknown is terrifying. we have each other though, and i don't want you to forget that." seonghwa finally met hongjoong's stare, a softness in his irises incomparable to the subpar one of a meadow in spring, "say the word and we can leave. just you and i. tell me to do anything and i'll do it. i don't care if the world is against us, within you i see an entire universe."

and then he was shifting onto his knees, bracing hongjoong's narrow waist adorned by the chiffon of his black blouse, and hongjoong's sky was replaced by the infinity that was seonghwa's eyes, and he smiled.

"i love you."

"you're awake."

soft skin rubbed against his bare back, a heartbeat penetrating and reverberating through him. he nestled further into the comfort that his fiancé radiated, and breathed.

"hm."

the hands that coiled around him momentarily squeezed, and seonghwa nuzzled into hongjoong's neck, successfully bringing a groggy giggle out of the man that feebly attempted to move away.

"what's going on in that pretty head of yours?"

the question fanned across hongjoong's collarbone, dusted across his chest, and seonghwa's lips tickled at his skin as they moved in a whisper.

hongjoong smiled, looked out at the cold and rain that could not affect them whilst they were in bed together, and minimally shifted so as to place a kiss on his partner's temple.

"i was thinking about my life and how in all of my good memories, there is you."

》》》

thats that on that
thanks to anyone who read this
for giving it a shot
i hope it was alright
please vote comment and share
stay happy x