Ten

The next three days were quiet.

Granted we hid out in our apartment after Nico explained to the Director I was unwell.

We had filled Daniel in and he agreed, saying he would sort out the contract side of things in case there was an inquiry.

If it seemed we were working for the accountant, it would explain how easily we could get into the academy and we would be left alone to continue our work.

Cameron would fill us in on anything interesting during the school day, grumbling when he would get cornered by students about where we were.

Tina had also been given a code to our apartment to drop food off when we needed it. I trusted her enough with the information but Nico still threatened her, telling her if she ever took that for granted, he would kill her.

She gave Nico a wide berth most days.

Nico and I had spent days trying to find as much information about the mole as we could while spending the nights rummaging through student lockers and breaking into apartments.

We found a lot of interesting information including a student who was investigating the Vitali family. Rico Rodriguez was trying to help the cops build evidence in exchange for his older brother's prison sentence to be reduced.

I had given Cameron the task of finding Vitali to warn him and when he had returned, he had said Vitali wasn't concerned, that they were already aware.

Of course, they were.

Cameron had smirked at me wickedly, his eyes amused as he went on to say Vitali wanted me to come to deliver the message next time rather than send my assistant.

Yeah, no way in hell would I seek that asshole out.

I had rolled my eyes as Nico groaned, muttering about how we were fucked because Vitali had an unhealthy interest in me.

Cameron and I had grown incredibly close, swapping stories and realizing how much we had in common.

Cameron and Nico were dancing around their incredibly obvious attraction and I was always leaving the room so I wouldn't suffocate in pheromones.

That was between them though, I wouldn't interfere.

Tonight was the meeting, Cameron receiving an invitation to the 14th floor at 7 pm sharp, the code to enter on the email.

Apparently, that floor was used often for meetings between the twelve and we were the first outsiders to be invited.

Cameron was going to stay in the apartment and be in contact with us in case something went down. He had said not to worry, he had an exit strategy if it was a trap.

Not much was known about the 14th floor, even the blueprints we had told us it was meant to be a spare apartment.

I had dressed in black high-waisted workout tights and a plain white crop top. My hair was still damp down my back and I was currently putting my all-black Nikes on.

Nico had dressed in simple grey joggers, a tight black T-shirt, and plain white Chuck Taylors.

We had just finished a workout and had lost track of time, so we had rushed to get changed, throwing on whatever we found.

Cameron threw Nico's phone to him and he snatched it midair without looking away from his watch as he passed me my iPhone, a spare hair tie attached to the back by cello tape.

I raised my eyebrow and he mirrored my face, looking at me like I was an idiot.

"Hun if shit hits the fan, your hair is not going to be the reason you die.