Thirteen

"Anybody got a tissue?"

I almost laughed at the awkward silence between us as I slipped off my heels and strolled towards the small corner bar at the back for bottled water to clean my face.

"We really need to make sure we don't cross paths like this. It's putting an awkward strain on our friendship guys."

I joked as I turned around as seven men watched me in varying expressions of disbelief.

I glanced at Troy who was behind me, a tissue stretched towards me from his seat. I raised an eyebrow, my expression grateful.

"Thanks, Dalton."

He seemed to snap out of his befuddled stare, his expression now soft.

"Yeah, no worries. I always have one for Catherine if she needs it."

I grinned at his answer and ruffled his hair playful, his hand swatting me away and scowling.

"And that is why the girl is in love with you. You, Dalton, are a woman's dream come true."

I glanced at Dallas who genuinely looked like he was a fish gulping for air.

Andre was staring hard at the black choker around my neck as if it was a math equation.

Probably because it spelled "PET" in flawless diamonds nestled in the soft velvet-like collar.

I flicked my eyes to my small gold watch around my wrist humming thoughtfully, sitting down in Ivan's chair and crossing my long legs.

"Nico will be stalling to give me time.
You have twenty minutes to get your shit together."

Pierre breathed out, his lips pursed in a puzzled expression.

"I mean I have so many questions."

I'm sure I read in the file that there was a weapon for me around here somewhere.

I scanned around the room and then my eyes sparked, my hand feeling under Ivan's leather chair for the hidden dagger.

Daniel had men everywhere after all.

"Oh dear, I can see your all struggling.

Breath guys.

I'm on a schedule so now's the time to ask if you have questions."

I murmured distractedly until my eyes lit up in glee when I felt familiar steel.

I pulled out the dagger and slammed it on the table, three of them involuntarily flinching and staring wide-eyed at the weapon.

Now I hope it's not too heavy to hide.

I stood and lifted the left side of my dress, Carter's expression darkening as I flashed the table.

"The fuck Alexis." He growled.

My entire left leg was bare as I slipped the dagger into hooks I had attached on my G-string, knife secured in place as I dropped the dress back down.

"That wasn't a question Carter.

You got nineteen minutes." I stated dryly, arranging my dress so the silk didn't show the impression of the dagger.

I turned back around to the bar, using the tissue to wipe the blood off my lip visible in the mirrored surface lining the back.

"So your more involved with the Accountant than you let on?" Troy murmured conversationally.

A great question Dalton.

Jesus this blood really sticks to the skin.

"Your lucky it's just you seven in this room. If the others were here, my mouth would be sealed.