Sidon

I knew from the moment mother arrived, that she wasn't doing well. Her entire body was shivering all over and she could barely walk, all this while breezing her hand over her midsection. Everyone knew what was going on. Even I knew.

"The y-young one...." She trembled weakly and collapsed into Muzu's arms who ran up frantically to her side. My entire composure went numb as I saw mother lie limply there.

"Mom!" I yelled at the top of my lungs and dashed towards the unfolding scene, only to be held back by Dento. I couldn't believe it! What was he doing?! "Let me go! I need to see mother!" I barked at him hoarsely, tears swelling up in my eyes.

"Mipha please... this is very urgent...." Dento said calmly, though the words proved futile to my squirming figure. "You'll only make matters worse, let them hande the situation first."

Of course, I only persisted further in trying to break free and run to my mother's side, but his hold on me only tightened. I barely caught a few words from the several Zoras that crowded around her. It was hopeless.

"This looks very bad... she has a fever." Muzu muttered nervously.

The others talked among themselves in a very distraught manner which didn't help the situation at all, much less for me. I only became more wild and cried in abundance.

"Take her to my room and call for her helpers... I think it is time..." Muzu continued and beckoned for two brute Zora guards to gently lift mother and carry her to the slumber pools. For a few seconds, I caught a short glimpse of her face which gasped for air desperately. Her frail eyes were barely open and momentarily settled on me... before being carried off. I swear she forced a weak smile then.

With a finale tug, I managed to break free from Dento's grasp and ran for the group as fast as my little feet could carry me. Well, it was more of a deranged dash really. At this point, all I wanted was to see was mom. I don't care what anyone else said, I needed to see her. Unfortunately, I was stopped by Fronk and Bazz at the top of the spiraling staircase. They both seemed to be expecting me. None of them said a word but quietly led me to father who was waiting impatiently by the entrance of the slumber pools.

He looked so stressed and worried, I don't think I've ever seen him like this. His face didn't change much when he saw me. At this point, I knew things were much worse than I thought and there was only one place I wanted to be.

"Father... where is mom? I want to see her!" I ran up to him crying as he embraced me tightly.

"I'm sorry Mipha sweetie, but your mother is giving birth... but from what I heard, she is terribly ill as well." He said softly, trying to calm me down. Obviously that wasn't going to work, but he continued to soothe the situation. "We don't want to cause a fuss and make things worse... promise me you'll be a good princess and wait here with me until everything is fine."

I wanted to yell out right then in frustration, but kept my moth closed. Talking back to father wasn't something to be done. He seemed so stressed about mother's situation that I didn't want to make him feel any worse. I sat down next to him and tried my best to think about other things. It wasn't easy. Hours seemed to pass by.

"You know, I feel exactly the same way when your mother brought you into our life." Father smiled, easing up the tension around us. I looked at him curiously. He never told me about the time when I born, now that I think about it. "I still remember like it was yesterday." He continued. "It was early in the morning and you decided you had enough and wanted to see the world. Everyone was excited, some were a bit worried. I, was extremely stressed. Your mother obviously faired worse than me, but being my first child, I didn't know what to expect. Of course, I worried too much because the entire ordeal was quickly over and I was rewarded with an exceedingly beautiful daughter."