Prologue: A Dying Planet and a Colourless World

Reach, a planet in the midst of drawing its final breath. It was not a pretty sight to endure. She had been hit again, again, and again by a force that the inhabitants could not beat. Her once vibrant beauty had been reduced to nothing more than dust and glass. Her own bubble of life was an inch away from death and her people had no choice but to depart if they sought to live. Everything that once made this planet known as Reach had been torn away by bloody conflict. She was alone, awaiting her death stroke.

Except that one man stood with her. A Spartan. A lone wolf. The last Noble member on Reach. SPARTAN-B312. Noble Six

He stood on the dying body and he stood tall. Everything he once had was given willingly to the planet, bullets, blood, friends, everything. Now it wanted to be given one more thing, one thing he refused to give. She would have to wait a bit longer to be given it.

His orange visor moved along the wasteland of glass that stood before him. The land that he stood on was once known as Aszod ship-breaking yards but that didn't matter anymore, it would soon be consumed by a firey hot plasma and turned to glass.

Two Banshees zoomed past overhead, keeping a tight formation before breaking off and turning around for firing run. He reached over to his back and grabbed his DMR, from his back, resting it steadily in his hand. He felt nothing as they finished their respective turns. Nothing mattered anymore. If he somehow killed the incoming wave, surviving another horde, they would send another, then another, then another. No matter what he did it could not stop his impending doom.

He glanced down at the dog tags clasped within his hand. A few thoughts moved around he head, thinking about what he could of down differently and how he could have saved them. That didn't matter anymore

With the end of the thoughts, the Banshees made their first moved. The dual fuel rods barreled towards him. Six let out a calm breath and jumped to the side.

-------------------------------------------

A plane of existence beyond human travel stood ice still. Something had disturbed it greatly not a moment before. Those who watched and observed stood just as still as the white world they inhabited. Something had changed, a disturbance, a fracture, an anomaly. After a handful of moments that held on significant to the being to the beings passed, they became their search for the disturbance.

-------------------------------------------

Six slammed and rolled across the ground to his feet. Remnants of the fuel rods fell from the platform and onto Six's armour. The shield flicked it off without an issue and recharged itself. Six took this brief moment to look at his battle-scarred armour. The constant fighting had seen the Mark V [B] suit be covered in scratches and plasma scars. It was coming to an end just as he was.

His self-inspection ended at the sight of purple Needler crystals landed at his feet. His eyes shot up to a rank-and-file of Unggoy that stood a little bit away from him. The four stared at his soulless visor. They slowly glanced between one another as they realised the extent of their mistake.

They broke apart as the Spartan charge at them. The first to go was the one at the end of the file as the 7.62 round pierced through its head and flopped to the dirt floor. Six wasted no time, moving and killing the next one in the line with three clean shots. He was already upon the last two as the dead Unggoy hit the ground. He tossed the DMR aside and grabbed the knife from his chest-mounted sheath, stabbing it into its neck. All it heard before it died was the shot that ended the last Unggoy.

Noble Six lowered the Magnium, letting the smoke rise from the barrel before placing it back into his leg holster. He soon pulled it out again, his motion sensor came alive with a handful of dots approaching from the east. He would deal with them then onto the others. They would no survive as long as he breathed.