Part 2

Hello Iggy Nation! I'm sorry this took so long to post. But thanks for waiting.

Mia POV:

I can't go! I can't leave Emily! I whip around to see Alex staring at me. 

"You okay?" she whispered. She considered what time it was. It was almost midnight.

"Yeah...I guess." I said shakily. I went in.

She closed the door softly behind me. My black slippers had small glittery gray cat faces on them. She slipped on her own. Her soft blue ones. With comical bunny ears.

I sat on her bed. She pulled over a bean bag to sit in front of me.

"I'm scared to go. Not just sad." I said with a slight whimper in my voice.

"Well, I don't think anyone will recognize you with new hair and makeup."

"Woah, woah, woah, no one said we were doing makeup." I looked at her.

"Well, I'll teach you to do mascara and lipstick. Eye shadow too...but you'll only need that when you go out. Or if you just want to look good." she said. "But not now in the middle of the night."

"I have an idea." I said. "What if you draw me, because you're good at drawing. And we test out colors?"

"That might work." she said. "Can you go downstairs, and into my backpack. Then at the bottom there should be a pencil bag. Grab it." I nodded and went out of the room.

I walked down the steep staircase. As quietly as I could. I finally made it to the kitchen.

I saw her classic flower bag hanging on the hook with a bunch of papers with A+'s posted above it. And then I looked over. There sat my hook. With a few mediocre drawings, and a bunch of first and second place ribbons for soccer.

 I dug through her bag as quietly as I could. All the bells and whistles made it hard though.

I finally found the small dusty rose case. It had a small bright pink pom-pom on the side.

I went through the kitchen, my soft slippers gliding on the tile.

Then mom showed up in the doorway.

"Mia?" she asked softly. "What in the world are you doing up this late? And why do you have Alex's sketch pencils?"

"Why does it matter? And why are you up so late anyway?" I asked.

"I was seeing what was going on down here. Now, put Alex's pencils back."

"No, I'm bringing them to her."

"Right. Like she's up at midnight." It was dark, but I could sense her eye roll.

"We're just trying some stuff out. Okay?" I walked out of the kitchen, just brushing my mom's shoulder.

I walked up to Alex's room. I could tell she wanted to scream my name so the whole universe heard her.

"Here." I handed her the case.

"Thanks..." she said. "You look winded. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied. I sat on the bed. She drew me, and soon it was almost three in the morning. We had two hours of darkness left. She finished with the drawing, and we colored the hair a mix of teal and purple.

"Okay, well I need to sleep." Alex said. "Within the few hours I have left, of darkness."

"Okay, we'll shop in the morning." I said. "I don't really know if mom wants to come..."