Little one

*poseidon POV*

Reaching my pack border, I set the tiger cub down softly on patch of grass.

Opening the pack link I called to my beta "Hercules, meet me at the pack border."

Almost instantly I felt a tap at my mental barrier, opening the link, my betas voice pushed through my mind.

"Yes alpha" his deep voice rumbled through my head.

My wolf growled at the thought of another male seeing our mate, he was extremely protective and possessive of what was his.
It was what made me a very dangerous man to mess with, I'd kill anyone and anything that threatened what I deemed mine.

Hearing a set of paws pounding against the earth, my wolf took control and crouched over our little tiger cub, snapping his jaws and growling lowly.

Hercules' chocolate brown wolf sprung out of the trees, coming to a stop in front of me. My beta, realizing my wolf was in control, dropped to a submissive stance. Once my wolf was content with our mates safety he gave me control back. Shifting into my human form, I stood before him.

I was by far the largest male in our pack, standing at a towering 6'5. Looking down at my beta I ordered him to shift, he quickly shifted and tossed a pair of sweatpants at me, before changing into his own.

"You called alpha?" He asked as he bowed his head in respect before looking up at me.

"I interrupted some humans dumping this tiger cub on the border, she's my mate." I stated, looking down at the little thing.

Looking upon Hercules face I noticed the shock going through his eyes.
"Alpha..there aren't any tiger shifters.." he rambled out before starting to pace back and forth, his wolf obviously agitated about the news.

Something was off about the forest tonight, first the humans and now I could sense something else approaching..my wolf was growing increasingly tense, I could feel him pacing back and forth in my head..snapping his jaws in anger.
My instincts telling me to shift and hide our kitten. I never ignored my instincts. I set her down on the ground before I felt the shift start.
It hurt in the beginning, eventually after years of practice, most wolves learned to shift in seconds.
Mid shift the stench hit me.

A smell so disgusting surrounded us, the smell could only come from one thing...rouges.
They smelled of death and betrayal, being cast from a pack was a punishment reserved only for the worst of wolves.
Picking my little mate up by her scruff, I leapt on to the branch of a large oak tree, softly placing her in a hole in the trunk.

"Hercules, climb the tree and wait for my signal, when the rouges show themselves, we ambush them" i instructed.
"Yes alpha" he replied before shifting back to his wolf, and jumping up into the neighboring tree.

I waited for the rouges to appear, seconds pasted as the nasty smell got stronger and stronger. Looking down, 4 rouges varying from dingy brown to dirty whites,burst from the bushes. despite the color differences they all had one thing in common, the nasty smell of death that clung to their fur.

They couldn't pick up our presence, the pack lands smelled so heavily of my scent that it was hard to distinguish other wolves unless you were a pack member.
My wolf was begging to be let out, to kill those who dare come near his mate. Knowing my wolf, he would bathe in their blood and enjoy it.

"Now Hercules"
We dropped down into the group of rouges, taking them by surprise. I landed on a large rouge, sinking my claws into his shoulder blades. I threw my weight back, causing my claws to drag through the mutts skin.
The wolf collapsed and whimpered, dirty black blood pouring from the large wound. Putting my paw to his  throat, crushing it. Another rouge pounced on my back, the disgusting things first mistake was thinking he could take me down.
Bucking him off, I spun around wrapping my jaws around his throat, and quickly ripping it out.

Licking my muzzle clean I was overwhelmed with the taste of its blood. Blood has always turned me and my wolf on, it's disgusting I know but god it sent me into a frenzy.

Hercules was almost as brutal as me, a dingy white wolf lay covered in blood. While The final rouge beneath my beta, was begging for mercy.
"Finish it, beta"
Turning away,the gurgling sound of blood soon followed.
Jumping back up on to the tree that held my little cub, I picked her up in my jaws again, before Leaving the tree.