Chapter 1

'Oh, today was gonna be wonderful day!' Marinette thought happily.'
  The day had started off surprisingly well.
1)Marinette had woken up before her alarm, and hadn't had any nightmares.
2) She hadn't been ambushed or assaulted by her classmates on the way to school.
3) She had won the contest and her whole class was going  to Gotham!!!!
"Its going to be a wonderful day." Boy, was she wrong.
▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪
Thinking back to that morning, Mari realized she had been naïve to think that Lila Rossi wouldn't ruin it for her. Obviously Lie-la had taken the credit. "Oh, my Damiboo helped me organize this trip. He's such a sweetheart."
  Now she was sitting on a park bench alone in the rain. At night. You don't know what happened do you? Let me recap. Lila had miraculously convinced Mrs. Bustier to return to Paris, no doubt because of her "disabilities". The catch? They'd left without Marinette.
  "It'll be alright Marinette." Tikki said comfortingly, patting her leg.
"Tikki, what am I going to do?! I'm all alone, forgotten, in the city of crime, nobody I know, no horse miraculous, ohhhhh." Mari started spiralling. Hyperventilating. She didn't notice someone approaching her.
   Curling into a tight ball, she felt a hand being laid on her arm.
  "Shhhhhh. Breathe. In, out." A man's voice soothingly told her.
  Calming down, Marinette peeked at the man who had been kind enough to help her out. Then quickly covered her face with her hands. 'Wow, how's he so handsome.'  She thought.
   The man chuckled softly. "Ohmygod. Did I just say that aloud?" Marinette asked, flushing. "No I didn't. I totally did not just say that out loud." Inside her purse, Tikki giggled quietly.
"I think you did." The man replied, "Now tell me what a lovely lady like yourself is doing alone at this time."
   Trying to get over her embarrassment Mari explained her situation. By the end the man looked like he was going to murder somebody right then and there.
   Was he mad at her? Of course, this was all her fault. If she was faster and knew they were leaving she could've made it.
Again, Marinette was shaking and beginning to cry.
  "No, no, no. It's not your fault at all." The guy reassured her. Apparently she had spoken aloud once again. Oh, a tired Mari was a no-filter Mari.
Somehow feeling safe with this person, she snuggled into his arms. Feeling him stiffen, Nettie pulled back immediately while blushing heavily. "Ohmygod. ImsosorryIdidntmeantoinvadeyourpersonalspaceandIllstopramblingnow." Regaining control of her emotions Dupain-Cheng pasted on a bright smile and held out her hand.
"Hello, my name is Marinette. What's yours?"
▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪■▪
Damian looked at this girl, Marinette, he corrected himself, with something akin to wonder, as well as an undercurrent of anger. She'd survived all of that, and could still smile? And that teacher and her class? He wanted to rip their throats out.
Shaking out of his stupor, Damian shook her hand and told her a bit awkwardly, "Hi, my name is Damian."
Somehow, he wasn't annoyed by her upbeat personality,  and ended up inviting her to the mansion.
"O-oh. I'm not sure I should go with someone I just met. But," she sighed "I don't have anywhere else to go."