Chapter 3

As Marinette opened the door, worriedly clutching her purse, Damian was waiting.
He turned slightly pink 'She looks gorgeou--WAIT! I cannot think like that!' Reigning in his emotions he asked "Shall we go?"
Marinette giggled softly. "Yes, we shall."

As they headed down Jason saw them and said " Oh, the lovebirds finally decided to come down huh?~"
Damian glared at him, but it was not as fierce as normal, his red face took away some of the anger.
"Todd. Shut up before I stab you."
Jason just laughed and said "Suuuuuure. I'd like to see you try Demon Spawn."
  After Marinette was introduced to the Waynes and they absolutely loved her, (Suspiciously all of them showed up. I mean, they really wanted to see who Damian had invited over), they dug in. Halfway through the meal Marinette's phone rang.
"Oh, excuse me. Sorry, I have to take this call."
Walking out into the hallway, Mari answered the call, turning it on speakerphone. Immediately a voice shouted through the device,
"MARINETTE DUPAIN-CHENG! I WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU! YOU GOT LEFT BEHIND AND DIDN'T THINK  TO CALL ME! RIDICULOUS, UTTERLY RIDICULOUS!! THAT CLASS IS SO STUPID! ROSSI EVEN SPUN A STORY ABOUT HOW YOU HAD TO LEAVE EARLY AND THAT SORRY EXCUSE FOR A TEACHER BELIEVED HER! THEY ARE RIDICULOUS UTTERLY RIDICULOUS! I AM GETTING LUKA AND KAGAMI! WE'RE MURDERING THAT B**** TONIGHT!"
    Marinette winced and quickly yanked the phone away from her ear. "Chloe, there will be no killing! And I'm fine. I was going to call you after I ate." She replied in a soothing tone.
"Where are you now? And don't think I'm letting you off the hook, Minette. She will pay."
"Lila will pay, but not now. You know she'll make me look like the bad guy, even though I'm in freaking Gotham!"
  Chloe huffed angrily," Yes, I know Dupain-Cheng. That class is utterly ridiculous. But really, where are you staying?"
    "Oh," Marinette turned a bit pink "I'm staying with the Wayne's. Damian was so kind. He helped me with my panic attack."
   "Marinette. Are you talking about The Damian Wayne, Ice Prince of Gotham?"
  "Weeeeeell. I don't know if he's an Ice Prince, he's just a little blunt and intimidating sometimes."
"Sometimes? Mari-bug, nobody goes near him unless they want their arm chewed off."
"But he was nice to me! Truly!"
"Marinette, it looks like you melted Gotham's ice prince. It's just like you, making friends everywhere you go. And~ I bet he's pretty handsome to don'tcha think?~"
"Yeah, he is." She sighed before realizing what she said.
"I MEAN-"
"Bug, I can practically hear you blushing through the phone. Well, it looks like you got yourself a crush!" Chloe singsonged.
"Whaaaaaaaat! Noooooooo. N-n-not at all. He is j-just a friend. Actually, probably n-not even a friend y-yet." She stammered red faced.
"You know, I was thinking about asking Daddy to get you out of that hell-hole, but I think I'll just let you stay!"
"Queenieeeeee," Marinette groaned at her best friend.
"Okay, I gotta go. The plane is going to be landing soon. Now Minette, get yourself a Wayne!" Chloe teased as she quickly hung up before Mari could reply.

Dick's POV
As I went to check on Blueberry as she was taking a while, I heard her talking to someone about Baby Bird. She was defending him to whoever was on the other end! Then I faintly heard the girl she was talking to sing "Well, it looks like you got yourself a crush!"
Marinette's beet red face was just a confirmation of what I'd suspected. Now, how to get them together? I'd have to ask Alfred. Plus, Alfred was all-knowing. The butler would agree if he thought it was a good idea. I will be getting a new sister either way. If the Daminette thing doesn't work out, I can always get B to adopt her. As Jason would say,"Black hair and blue eyes? All she needs is a tragic backstory and she's as good as adopted!"
After the meal I will have to track down Alfred. Maybe even enlist the help of Steph, Barbs, and Cass.
With Damian's people skills, he'd need more than a little help with this one.