Chapter 5

Marinette woke up in a cold sweat at 2am. Tonight it was a nightmare about Syren. Now that was a terrifying one. Almost all of Paris' population was wiped out. Marinette shuddered. She knew she wouldn't be able to fall back asleep --and didn't really want to-- so Mari got out her sketchbook.

Her pencil flew across the pages, creating a flowing, watery and dark looking dress. Marinette was listening to music to sooth herself a bit. These were ways she'd learned to calm back down after her frequent nightmares.

Deciding she was hungry she went down to find the kitchen. Before she was Ladybug, Marinette would've gotten lost. But Mari was very observant and picked up details now. Marinette made her way to the dining room, then looked around for doorways, assuming the kitchen would be nearby.

It was, and as she walked in she gaped at all the appliances. It made her want to bake something.

Well, who's stopping me?

By the time she found ingredients for macaroons it was 2:45. Happily Marinette baked, and then she noticed someone walking in. The girl tensed up automatically, then turned around.

Mari sighed in relief, it was only Tim. He walked around drowsily making a cup of coffee. It seemed like he hadn't noticed her yet. Why was he even awake?
The oven timer dinged and Tim looked up.

"Oh, hi... Marinette," he said sleepily, "D'ya want some coffee?"

"Um, yes please." She replied while taking out the macaroons, "Hey Tim, why are you up?"

Before he could answer she started talking again.

"Oh! I mean you don't have to answer if it's too personal or something I'd totally understand I'm so dumb  shouldn't have asked that--"

"Its fine Marinette," Tim interrupted her, "I had a nightmare and decided to work. What about you?"

She was still a little flustered as she responded, "I had a nightmare as well and wanted to bake something for you guys. I guess I didn't think about the time though."

Mari and Tim went back to doing their own things. Marinette iced the macaroons and Tim was doing who-knows-what on his computer. And drinking coffee of course.

They made idle conversation while doing their things. When Marinette was finished she handed on to Tim. When he bit into it he was surprised it was so good.

"Wow," Tim praised, "These are the best!"

When he was reaching for a fourth Marinette slapped his hand away.

"No! Those are for the others!" She gave him a look that made him look like a kicked puppy.

At sometime around five Damian came into the kitchen, hearing talking.

"And then she--Oh hey Dami! Want some macaroons?" Marinette asked.

"Dami?" He replied with a raised brow.

"Oh-uh-er-sorry, it j-just slipped out. If you don't want to be called that it's fine I'll s-stop." She stuttered, blushing a fierce red.

"No, it is fine," Damian said nonchalantly, " I would very much like to try one of your macaroons."

Marinette handed one over and Damian took the sweet. Putting it in his mouth Damian almost died from the heavenly taste.

Mari, worried from his silence, nervously asked, "Um... do they taste good?"

"Mmmhmm." Damian mumbled, still enjoying the macaroon.

Tim was tapping away at his computer, which Marinette hadn't noticed. It was calm, and Marinette's fears from yesterday faded into the background.

"Heeeeeyyyyy!" Jason came bounding in, disrupting the peacefulness.

Why does everybody in this house wake up so fricking early? Right after him Bruce came in, dressed in a suit. Marinette offered him a cookie and the man took it.

"Aww, how come I don't get one of those sunshine?"

Sighing, but wearing a smile Marinette let Jason take one. The men didn't hang around in the kitchen for long though. Tim packed up his computer so him and Bruce went to work. Jason went off to who knows where and Dick hadn't even come into the kitchen yet.

Damian and Marinette were left by themselves. It was a Tuesday, so they both returned to their rooms talking and laughing. They got ready for school in ten minutes

Coming out of her room Marinette saw Damian had been waiting for her.  Suddenly thinking if something she asked,

"How are we getting to school?"

Damian only response was a small smile.

Okay, I know I haven't posted for a long time, and this chapter sucks, but I wasn't allowed to go on this app. My parents are now deciding if I can keep it or not and if they say no then you guys will know why I'm not posting. Bye!