Chapter 4

Marinette returned to the dinner table, and the meal  continued on as normal as it could with that family. As soon as it ended Marinette tried to bring her plate to the kitchen, despite not even knowing where it was.
  "No, no, Miss Marinette. Guests do not need to clean up their dishes."

Jason placed a hand on her shoulder,"Princess-"
Instinctively Marinette flipped him over her shoulder.
Eyes widening she stammered out,"Oh my god, Oh my god, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Then she immediately ran to her room.

On the ground Jason groaned."Damn, that hurt!"
"Hmmmmm," Bruce mused "It's odd for a girl as small as her be able to flip a grown man."
"Demon Spawn, the one girl you have a crush on isn't even normal!" 

■▪■▪■

Up in her room Marinette collapsed onto the bed.
Ughhhhhh! Why did she always have to mess things up!

"Tikki! Nowthey'regoingtohatemeandthenI'llbekickedoutandbeonthestreetsohnowhatamIgoingtodo!" Somehow Marinette said all of that in one breath.
Tikki tried to calm her down but it wasn't working.

*Flashback*
Marinette sat in the streets huddled up in a ball. Lila stood back, watching as Kim and Ivan kicked her in the face over and over again.

"You stupid slût! Why don't you just die! Nobody likes you anyway!"

"Everybody hates you! Just leave us alone!"

"Youre such a bītch! Stop bullying Lila! What did she ever do to you?!"

Her once trusted classmates were now beating her. Even Rose was taking part. Adrien stood beside Lila as she smirked, with a disappointed look on his face.

'Just take the high road' he mouthed.

That made feelings of hatred and betrayal well up inside. But it was soon replaced with helplessness. She was ladybug, supposed to be saving the city, but she couldn't even save herself.
*End of Flashback*

Mari's phone rang. It was Juleka. Tikki answered it and hoy straight to the point.

"Marinettes having another painic attack!"

She'd experienced many of these herself, due to abuse from her mother's boyfriends, so Juleka could understand. She spoke in calm, soothing tones while Tikki patted her knee.

Thank God Juleka had noticed the bruises and different behavior. She'd never had forgiven herself if she'd been a bystander. That had happened too many times to her before.

Marinette eventually calmed down, and slipped into a fitful sleep. Tikki watched her chosen with a worried expression.

I hope all the pressure won't break her.

Sorry this is super short and not very good but I don't know what to write anymore