act one, scene four

❝Even the devil was once an angel

❝Even the devil was once an angel...❞

☽ ---------------- 𓆙𓆙𓆙 ---------------- ☾

AT THE SOUND OF HIS VOICE Theo lowers her arms in an instant, the bat touching the floor as she eased her grip on it and turned to find Fangs and Sweet Pea standing by the kitchen pantry. There's a flash of chrome from his rings as Sweet Pea crosses his arms over his chest, creasing the leather of his jacket as he does so and Fangs is holding two towels from the linen closet by the kitchen.

"What the fuck Fangs? Don't sneak up on someone like that!" Theo exclaims as she slides the bat back into the umbrella stand, shaking her head at her friends antics.

All he can say back, throwing his hands out wildly as he spoke, "Well, I didn't think you'd go for the kneecaps!"

Sweet Pea and Theo each roll their eyes at that.

"What are you even doing here?" Theo questions, her eyes flickering from one teenage boy to the other. She noticed the fact that neither one had made any motion to move, standing in the dark shadow of the hallway out of the kitchen while she stood by the back door, and when she glances at the kitchen peninsula, next to her bag of Pop's she notes, "Is that... is that blood?"

One of them, Fangs she's sure, let out a croak of a laugh in response but neither one of them answer. So Theo steps around the peninsula and feels the wall for the switch, illuminating the kitchen and the two boys standing at the edge of it.

Sweet Pea was worse for wear than Fangs, his lip split open and blood dried down his chin, the skin under one eye was swollen in a way that would give way to a good bruise in a day or two, and a gash was present on his other cheek, blood both dried and fresh seeping from his hairline. Theo's eyes flickered to his hands, from what she could see they were equally as bruised and raw, blood encased the face of one of his rings.

Fangs's knuckles were just as beat up, but his face had taken less of a beating. Nothing more than a few bruises.

The only response Theo had was to put her hands on her hips and question, "What in the fuck are you getting me involved in this time?"

Fangs was very quick to fumble his way through some assurances, "Nothing, I swear. We just... had a little... disagreement of sorts with some Northsiders."

Her brow lifted, "Disagreement?"

All she could think of was how the sight of the two of them certainly didn't portray a simple disagreement.

"They're lucky that idiot stabbed himself." Sweet Pea stated with an eye roll, mouth pursed into a tight scowl.

"Someone stabbed themselves?" Theo asked incredulously, looking between the two boys before she put her hands up in a silent plea for them to stop, "You know what, please stop talking. The less I know the better."