act one, scene ten

❝Still, I'd trade all my tomorrow's for just one yesterday

❝Still, I'd trade all my tomorrow's for just one yesterday...❞
☽ ---------------- 🐍🐍🐍 ---------------- ☾

JUST BEYOND THE DOWNTOWN STRETCH OF Riverdale three Northside teens were skipping school. Theo had gone immediately from cheer practice to Pop's diner for a basket of fries and a vanilla milkshake, both of which she had asked for to-go when she spied Archie and Jughead in a rather heated conversation in their usual booth. She hadn't been in the mood to be around people at that point, at least not until the redhead had nearly plowed into her when they tried to leave at the same time.

"Sorry Theo." He apologized, reaching out to steady her so that she didn't topple over.

"Yeah, whatever." She muttered, causing the boy to look down at his shoes with scarlet cheeks and for a second she felt bad. But that feeling was gone faster than Archie Andrews had even looked up from his shoes. Her eyes flickered over to the dark haired, beanie wearing boy next to him and with a quirked eyebrow she asked, "Where are you two off to in such a hurry?"

Jughead's eyes flickered over to Archie for a moment, "I uh... I gotta go see my dad about something."

And there it was, the golden opportunity to get out of Riverdale for the day.

"You're going to Shankshaw?" Theo asked, and when he nodded she flipped her key ring around her finger, caught them, and questioned, "You want a ride?"

Archie cast a glance at Jughead who nodded and told her, "Lead the way."

With Theo behind the wheel and Jughead in the front that left Archie to climb into the backseat. The boy with the black hair glances in the rear view mirror, ensuring his redheaded friend is asleep before he turns to Theo and asks, "You hear about the raid at Southside High?"

"Yup." Her answer is short and bitter and Jughead almost doesn't say anything else.

But he was Jughead, it wasn't in his nature to quiet his curiosity, "You talk to Fangs or Sweet Pea? They were released a few days ago."

"Yeah, talked to them that night." That was a lie. She had spoken to Fangs last night. She hadn't talked to Sweet Pea in four days. At first it had been because she didn't know what to say to him, she couldn't exactly text him to ask how the accommodations in his holding cell were, and then the more time that went by the weirder it got. Plus, it wasn't like Sweet Pea had rushed to text her either.

It was stupid really, there was nothing between them in the first place, so why did it feel like they were in a competition for who could go the longest without speaking to the other?

And then Jughead asked the question Theo had been asking herself for weeks, "What's the deal there with the three's company situation that's going on? It's like Jack, Janet, and Chrissy only Fangs, Sweet Pea, and Theo."