act one, scene six

❝We are the poisoned youth

❝We are the poisoned youth...❞

☽ ---------------- 𓆙𓆙𓆙 ---------------- ☾

SUNNYSIDE TRAILER PARK stretched out in the windshield of the 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass as it drove over the rough, gravel roads. The car, much like the girl behind the wheel, wasn't used to venturing this far into the Southside. Their escapades over the tracks rarely went further than the empty and boarded up walls of Cohen's Auto Shop.

Theo pulled the Cutlass to a stop in front of the rickety wooden steps of a trailer she hadn't stepped foot into in years. From her spot behind the wheel she could see the bike parked next to her, helmet hanging off the handlebar with a crown sticker slapped on the side. If her mother could see her now.

Killing the engine Theo grasped the keys in one hand and a tray with to go cups and a white paper bag from Pop's in the other as she climbed out of the car. The door squeaked and groaned in protest as she slammed it shut, and the commotion caused the front door of the trailer to open.

Jughead Jones looked about as good as Theo had expected him to after Fangs had informed her that he had completed his Serpents initiation; like he had seen better days.

He quirked his eyebrow at her, "Theo?"

"Hey Jug." He turns and watches as she waltz' past him and into the trailer as if she owned the place and Jughead is reminded of a very similar scene from the last time Theo was at his trailer.

They couldn't have been more than six or seven, and not unlike every other time in his memory Theo had ignored him completely and strutted her way into the trailer to a waiting FP Jones in the kitchen. That was probably the last time they had actually seen each other outside of school and awkward run ins at Pop Tate's diner.

The only real difference between this time and last was that it was just Jughead in the trailer.

So he asked her, "What are you doing here?"

Theo sets the tray and bag from Pop's down on the kitchen table and her eyes wander around the kitchen, a soft smile appearing on her face. Not a thing had changed, and she didn't know if she found that comforting or sad but she didn't dwell that long.

She pulled a bag of ice from the freezer and tossed it in his direction and Jughead caught it, wincing and groaning as he pressed it against his face. She told him, "Fangs may have mentioned your initiation."

"So what, you're here to check up on me? Or lecture me?" Jughead inquired with snark.

Theo's eyes rolled, "I'm not gonna explain myself to you Jughead. We made very different decisions about self preservation on the Northside. I don't bother you about yours, and I'm not gonna say anything about you patching in."

"So you're just here to be nice?" People like them would never not be suspicious about others motives, that much was clear by the way Jughead eyed her wearily.