Ch.7 I'm Sorry...

That night, I was very restless. I was up off and on that night as that moment Rivalz and I kissed kept popping back into my head. A groan escaped my lips as I looked over to the clock. It was 5:23 am and the sun still hasn't risen yet. Since I knew I wasn't getting back to sleep anytime soon, I just went ahead and got dressed. Satoshi was most likely still sleeping and I didn't wanna wake him, so I just went into the council room. The only people who were up at this late hour were the band kids and whatnot for early practice...

As I entered the council room, I didn't bother turning the light on since my eyes were already adjusted to the dark. I set my bag down on the table and walked towards the large window, gliding my fingers across the table as I did so. The room was very quiet, rustling and rattling from outside that was very muffled as I stared at the darkened sky, the sun just barely lighting it up.

"Scarlett? What are you doing here?"

I quickly turned around to see Lelouch standing in the room with me by the table. "Lelouch, I, uh... I was just leaving." I quickly grabbed my bag and headed for the door, but before I could get to it, my wrist was grabbed, forcing me to stop. I looked back to see Lelouch had grabbed my wrist as I tried to shake him.

"Lelouch, let go of me." I said.

He released my wrist, but before I could even take another step, I felt something grab onto my waist. A blush covered my face when I realized Lelouch had wrapped his arms around me. My heart was pounding against my chest as my cheeks went flush. I bit my lip slightly before swallowing hard, trying to find the words to say.

"Lelouch, I--"

"--Why Rivalz?"

My eyes widened. He completely caught me off guard with that question. "Lelouch, I'm sorry, but..." My voice trailed off.

"But what?"

"I wanted to protect you, but...not like this. I didn't know what was happening and it was all so fast, I..." I felt like I was rambling on as tears filled my eyes. My voice went shaky as I tried to keep it even. "I just don't want you to worry about me. I wanted to protect you, and this whole thing got mixed up. Lelouch, this wasn't suppose to happen... You're not suppose to love me anyway..."

"I don't care... I don't care if I'm suppose to love someone else or if I'm suppose to be with someone else. I want to be with you."

No. Tears were threatening to fall down my face. "Lelouch..." My voice went quiet as it was still shaky. "I didn't mean to kiss Rivalz... I told Shirley I liked him to get her off my back, and then she told him..."

I swallowed hard again as my throat felt tight. Suddenly the grip around my waist tightened as I blushed again. "I... He... He forced himself onto me, and...when I pushed him off, it was already...too late. I never meant to hurt you, Lelouch... I just don't want you to worry about me... I don't want to hurt you..." I couldn't hold them back anymore as hot tears rolled down my cheeks.

Lelouch laid his head on my back as I blushed again, the grip on my waist constricting yet again. "Why can't I worry about you? You almost died right in front of me once, and I can't worry about you?" His voice was getting slightly louder and angrier. "I don't want to lose you, Scarlett! Why can't I worry about the one person I care about!?" I heard him whimper as my back was filling with warm, wet tears. His arms trembled around me as more tears fell down my face.

"Lelouch... I'm sorry..." I said quietly.

His whole body stiffened. "Please... I never meant to hurt you like this. I just don't want you to get hurt... I'm sorry, Lelouch...I'm sorry..." A sob escaped my lips.

Suddenly, Lelouch's arms left my body as my eyes widened. I didn't want him to leave me like that, but before I could do anything else, I was turned around, my emerald eyes meeting violet ones. There were still tears in his eyes, but he must've wiped his face. His eyes pierced through me as I felt frozen. Lelouch lifted his hand and wiped the tears from my cheeks. When I realized what was happening, I quickly turned my head away from him, not wanting to see his broken eyes. But he grabbed my chin and turned me to face him again. A blush coated my cheek as he pulled me into his body, our eyes glued together.

"Scarlett..." He said quietly. "Ever since I met you, I knew you were special, to me... All I've wanted was to get to know you and become closer to you. I don't care if I'm suppose to be with someone else because I'm happy with you. I want to be with you, and you alone..."

I was then surprised as Lelouch crashed his lips onto mine. Blushing deeply, I felt frozen, Lelouch licking at the seam of my lips. He slid his hands down my waist as I shuddered, gasping softly, in which he slipped into my mouth, our tongue dancing together. But he suddenly pulled himself off of me, his gaze away from mine as he stared at the floor.

"Sorry, I just couldn't hold back anymore..."

I felt breathless, but at the same time, I also felt alive. I leaned in slightly to the purple-eyed boy. "Do it again." I whispered.

"What?" He asked; I must've caught him off guard with that comment.

"I said do it again..." I whispered again.

Without hesitation, he crashed his lips onto mine. I quickly wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to bring us closer. Lelouch grabbed onto both the left side of my waist and my right shoulder. He held me tightly, like he was afraid to let me go. As our tongues mingled in a dance, we sank to the floor. Lelouch quickly pulled me into his lap just as we pulled apart, panting for air. He placed his head on my shoulder, kissing and licking at my neck. I tried to stay quiet, but I accidentally let out a soft moan, Lelouch pulling me closer as our bodies were flush against one another.

Lelouch just placed his head on my shoulder as I laid on his. "I'm sorry..." I said. "...for everything..."

He held me tightly as I could tell he was trying not to cry again. "I don't care. I just wanna be with you. That's enough for me... Can you just do one thing for me right now?" He asked.

"Anything..."

"Stay with me for a little bit longer. I just want to hold you so I know I'm not alone..." He sounded so broken when he spoke. I couldn't refuse him, not like this...

I held onto him tightly. "I won't leave you...ever."

"I love you, Scarlett..."

A blush covered my cheeks slightly as more tears rolled down my face again. I closed my eyes, leaning into him. "I love you too, Lelouch..."