First Day Experiences

I couldn't find a more perfect picture to portray Travis!!! I love it! Just have the hair a bit redder. Like a man from Ireland red.

He had to admit. This place was fascinating. The last few placements Chesher has been to they were in the suburbs or cities. A giant every direction one looks. He would go to the private school designated for him where the Zuvain were given a heads up and the teachers trained to make sure he was cared for. Well...that was the intent. Obviously, not all went by the rules when it came to his care. This place. No, this place was different. Honestly, before he walked through these doors, we'll more like under, he has never been out to the country before, but he may just like it. No giants for miles unless they were his caretakers. No vehicles to look out for and not as many risks when just walking around with people just picking him up or being underfoot. It was just fresh air, animals, tall grass, it was...well different. The only thing he worried about was school since it was a public school, but that was something to worry about for another day.

Chesher allowed Travis to take his items into the bedroom he would be staying in. The Zuvain did offer to take him with him so he could see the house from a different perspective and tour the bedroom he would be sleeping, but with complete understanding, Chesher declined and asked to be placed on the ground. He could tell by the way Travis was looking at him he did not like the idea of just placing him on the ground and not knowing where he was going, but Chesher persuaded him by simply stating this isn't his first time and he could handle himself. It was just odd that the Zuvain seemed to be so concerned about walking away. Most would not give a second thought and leave the pest behind.

So now we are here. Chesher is finally after all this time alone. Standing and staring at his surroundings. At this point in life, he was used to the feeling of things towering over him. What he still struggled with was maneuvering. He was starting to doubt his decision of declining Travis's help, yet again he didn't really want to be held any longer. He circled around observing what he believed to be the dining room. Walking a few feet while hearing his shoes made clomping sounds across the wooden surface of a floor. Normally one wouldn't notice the sound one makes while walking across dark maple flooring, but that is how quiet it was in this single room. He suspected maybe the heads of the household were upstairs too to give him space. A few feet away he noticed a wooden table. Not very big just like the rest of the furniture in this household. Circular, with enough chairs around to seat four. The chairs weren't all the way pushed in. It honestly looked like the family was sitting down, but then realized they were late for something, pushed back the chairs, and sprinted out the door.

"So, can't get up there that way," he spoke to himself while proceeding to walk under the table to see the rest of the room.

Across the room was a door that lead right outside, pure white just like the fridge, but also like the fridge it had chips, dings, and scuffs marks on them like someone was slamming items into each other or kicking the objects. The door he understood because right behind the door was a wall that had ding marks to match the doorknob. The fridge honestly confused him. Maybe from kicking it? But that would mean it was broken.

Turing around Chesher contemplated which direction he should go. At this point, there were only two choices. Going out the door or turn around and walk through the living room. Thinking to himself he knew it was dangerous, but he really wanted to see outside and investigate the surroundings. Running across the wooden surface he finally made it, out of breath, to the humongous white door with a center window. Ducking underneath he was taken back immediately. Just like the front of the house, there was a porch. Wooden, paint chipped, and once more white...well faded white because it was obvious no one has repainted it in years so it was covered with scuff marks and mud was everywhere.