𝙩𝙬𝙤

IN THE DARK;
CHAPTER TWO
◆:*:◇:*:◆:*:◇:*:◆

👩🏼‍💻🐕🥂| 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤
' who are you in the dark?'

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

╚═══*

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Terry was currently in Ray's office explaining why he was on administrative leave.

"What about Rodriguez, last I heard from her she was in the FBI? Why does she look like she's just on desk duty." Ray asked the Sergeant.

" I think she should rather explain. I'll go get her." Terry said before standing up and leaving the office to go get Callie.

Callie was helping Desi with her computer when Terry came over to her and Desiree.

" Captain needs you." Terry spoke making Callie stand up from her place.

" Okay I'll be right back." She told Desiree before following Terry to the Captains office and he closed the door behind.

" You called. Oh sorry where are my manners, Detective Catalina Rodriguez." Callie greeted as she extended her arm so he could shake it and he did.

" I know who you are Detective, what I don't know is why you've been on desk duty." Captain asked the blonde.

" Well a few years ago I was chasing a perp, he went on a roof and I follow and I ended up chasing him from rooftop to rooftop. Then I ended up missing a step fell, landed in an alleyway with a messed up back. Paralyzed for a year then a friend of mine and I worked together to make a biostimulant chip that ended up fixing me." Callie stated with a neutral expression.

" Okay then how come I haven't heard of any famous Rodriguez arrests in a while."

" Despite the fact that I'm walking and doing everything a normal person can do, my family got paranoid and got me demoted here. But it isn't all that bad." She concluded with a sigh.

" Well we'll have to do something about that." Captain commented making Callie furrow her eyebrows.

" Wha..."

" Dismissed!" Captain exclaimed making Callie leave his office.

To Callie it was a weird encounter, but for Jake who had been listening in the entire time had him thinking. Maybe it was time for the old Catalina Rodriguez to surface.