~1~

Hey! This is the new book... I hope the first chapter is okay! Thanks for reading! The image up there is what you are wearing. Okay I'll let you read. BYEEEEEE

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

You continued wandering the tundra, Avatar Roku's words ringing in your head. 

Protect the Avatar no matter what.

The weird thing is, my mother used her last words to tell me that my destiny was to protect a boy named Aang. I didn't know anyone named Aang. I was only 5 when she told me this. It was...Weird. People are just telling me to protect other people now. First if was "protect Aang." Then it was "Protect Princess Azula." Not like that bitch needed protecting, she was fine scarring me for 2 years. NOW IT'S "PROTECT THE AVATAR!" I mean, if Avatar Roku told me that I had to, I guess I just have to go and FIND SOME RANDOM KID THAT THE FIRE NATION ITSELF HASN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND FOR LIKE 100 YEARS! NO BIG DEAL.

I continued to grumble and kick pieces of snow away.

I soon saw a large glacier. It was glowing. Great. A glowing glacier. 

I let out a deep sigh.

It was worth a try, wasn't it??

I walked up to the glacier and laid down my glider onto the icy floor. I slowly took my hand and placed it onto the freezing glacier and closed my eyes. I focused my mind on my breathing. In, out. In, out. In, out. I focused on my chakras one at a time. I felt my mind drift into the familiar, open, black space, stars gleaming in the darkness. I stayed like that for a couple of seconds until I saw a young boy, about 12, with arrows on his body that were glowing. He was just floating there, his legs in a cross-legged position with his two fists touching each other.  He was the avatar. 

I opened my eyes and got up. I stared at the boulder. How long was he in here? Is he alive? I mean, his energy is alive... So I guess... he is too? I decided to sit in front of the glacier and do what I do best... Other than screw things up... Meditate. I focused on my breathing again and sat there cross-legged, my hands on my knees, enhancing my consciousness, and connecting to the earth. I learned to do this from Avatar Roku. He taught me everything I know: Firebending, waterbending, earthbending, even some airbending. I trained with him for 3 years. He taught me how to go into the Avatar space, in case I needed to help the Avatar. I mostly go there to calm myself and to escape from the real world. 

I don't know how long I sat there, but very soon, I felt a disruption in the flow of the water. A boat was coming towards me. I stayed in the same position, but I was focusing my energy more on the water and I was more alert. I heard a girl yelling and rambling about some disrespect or something and soon, there was negative energy everywhere. I was starting to get pissed off. People. Why must there be people? I felt the ice crack more and more and then I felt the ice behind me crack too. 

"Katara...." a male voice said.

"WHAT?!?" the girl snapped.

I heard them yell a whole lot so I opened my eyes, upset that they disturbed me. I eyed the two of them carefully. God what is their problem? Just piss off already! Annoying kids. 

"Who are you? Why is there a boy in that glacier?" the girl asked.

"It is unkind to ask unneeded questions before introducing yourself," I flat-toned, closing my eyes again. 

"My name is-"

"Oi oi oi Katara, are you sure you should tell her your name? She's wearing fire nation clothes!" the boy yelled.

Fire Nation. I hated being associated with that hell hole. That abomination of a place. I was NOT fire nation.

"So Katara is your name?" I asked, opening my eyes once more and getting up. There was no use trying to meditate again. They bothered me too much.