Chapter 2

I'm a horrible person.

LOL

THANK YOU FOR LIKING MY STORIES I LOVE YOU SM!

Enjoy!

-:-

The next day, Deeks drove himself to work with no emotion. He was bummed about being Kensi's dare date, as he called it, but mostly about being so stupid as to leave her stranded. 

As soon as he walks through the doors in OSP, he hears Kensi speaking in a soft voice, "Just keep it. I was stupid enough to accept the bet."

"Why?" Sam asks in disbelief, "Didn't you two go out?"

"I just don't," She pauses for a moment. "I don't think loosing him was worth the money."

Still pissed, Deeks walks in the bullpen, and throws his bag onto his desk chair with force and a clenched jaw, and silently walked into the gym, not even so much as a glance in Kensi's direction. He walked to the lockers in the gym, the one with his name pathetically on it, and grabbed some clothes. He changed and quickly started to take his frustrations on the punching bag.

"Jeez.. What has that punching bag done to deserve such.. passive treatment?" Nell walks into the gym.

Deeks looks at her, trying to flash at least a ghost of a smile, but fails miserably.

"You okay, Shaggy?"

What happens next surprises them both.

Marty Deeks's eyes water.

Deeks slides down the wall behind them, and covers his face with his hands, "Nope, no, I don't think I am, Nell."

"Oh God.." She sighs, and soon enough, she begins hearng sobs coming from him. He's trembling.

"What's wrong, you can talk to me.." Nell rubs his back awkwardly, not knowing how to comfort a man that is usually a rock.

"You probably know.. we're a small group," He sniffles, "Things must get around fast,"

"The bet?" Nell sighs.

"Yep.."

"And you're avoiding her, aren't you?"

"That's the main reason I'm like this. I don't want to do this, but it was like I was a booty call or something."

"Deeks, she wouldn't've taken the dare if you didn't mean anything to her... I mean, it's pretty obvious she loves you deeply.."

"Hmm, yeah, right..." Deeks shakes his head, getting up, offering his hand out to Nell, "So we have a case?"

Nell takes his hand, "Subject change, I'll go with it... Yeah, and I don't think you'll like the undercover assignment very much, but I know you will put everything between you and Kensi asside for the greater good of the team."

"Damn it."

-:-

"Liutenant Jay Ryder died this morning at Parkview Hotel, in downtown LA." Eric flashes a picture of Lt. Ryder on the screen, "He was reportedly staying with his wife, sixteen year old, and best friend for the weekend. It was a drink spike or something."

"What's the status on the kids?" Callen asks.

"Oh, the kids are fine. They weren't touched." Nells says, and flashes pictures of the Lt's son and friend.

"The other fishy thing here is that he hasn't been the only Liutenant to die this week," Nell puts up the pictures of other Lts that have died, "Liutenant Adam, Priur, Fischer, and Ortiz have died as well." She also showed videos of them collapsing after drinking something.