Chapter 3

As soon as she thought Deeks was asleep, which he wasn't for the record, Kensi stepped out of the room, and into the bathroom for a shower. Once she gets out, she puts on her pajamas, slides down the door, and cries.
All of her emotions dripping down her face. She just lost her partner, her best friend, but knows she put up a fight, an important feature in her book. She has an opportunity of appologizing and making it up to him, thanks to the op, they're playing a married couple!
She gets up from the floor, washes her face, and pulls herself together. Kensi takes a breath, and opens the door only to bump into Deeks's chest in the process, "It'd be nice if you'd look were you were going."
"Sorry," Kensi mutters, and begins walking away, but stops, and turns toward him, "And it'd be wonderful if you'd stop treating me like your enemy, I've repeatedly apologized, and I regret accepting the dare. I'll admit it was the best time I've had in a long ass time, Deeks." With that, Kensi turned on her heel, and into the room.
That shut him up, she thinks.
Deeks had heard her crying from the living area of the hotel room, and he went to check on her. He has no idea why he keeps treating her like shit.. Maybe it's the concequence of her actions, or he's trying to reflect his feelings on her. He has no idea. He wants to fix things, he's just not sure things will be the same with them, if either of them would open up again. He hasn't slept a wink, as he's done since that ordeal with Kensi earlier is text Eric, since all he did was play this new video game Nell got for him, hence his sleeplessness, enabling him to accomapany Deeks all night.
As soon as morning came, six o'clock, Deeks makes his wayto the lobby to get breakfast from the buffet early, "Morning, Mr. West." Sam says from behind the buffet counter.
Deeks chuckles, "Morning."
"I'd at least try talking to Kensi without another civil war starting, if I were you." Sam whispers giving Deeks a tray of breakfast foods.
Deeks nods him a thank you, and walks to the elevator, were he finds Nell and Eric in a full out make out session. Deeks clears his throat.
"Deeks." Nell laughs nervously.
"What rae you guys doing here...? Aren't you supposed to be in ops?" Deeks asks slowly, trying strongly to resist the urge of laughing.
"Just a visit." Eric adjusts his glasses.
"Hmm, I think, uh, I'l take the stairs, then.. See you around.."
-:-
He steps by the door and hears the chatter of the television, and slowly opens the door, deciding to take Sam's advice, he knocks on the opened bedroom door, and walks in, "Morning."
"Morning, no stupid remarks, or insults, because I have comebacks up my sleeve."
"No, not, uh, not today, Kens." He says and sees her slump in relief to the sound of her nickname leave his mouth.
She looks down at the tray in his hands, "So you have food?"
"I do, and I don't plan on eating it alone." He smiles shyly, "Nice, uh, hair by the way." He says making fun of her bedhead, and with that he leaves the room.
She smiles slightly, and gets off the bed to wash her teeth and change her clothes. Once done, she joins Deeks in the living area, and sees every kind of breakfast food out on the table, "Oh God."
Deeks chuckles at her reaction, "Thank Sam I Am."
She takes a bite from the doughnut, "Guess what?" Deeks asks.
"Hmm?"
"I caught Nell and Eric making out on the elevator this morning."
She almost chokes on her food, "What? Aren't they supposed to be in-" She is interrupted by a knock on the door, so she gets up and opens it, reavealing Nell and Eric
Kensi looks over at Deeks, both trying to refrain from laughing.
"Good morning, all!" Nell says cheefully.
"We brought candy!" Eric says.
Nell looks over at Deeks, and pulls him into the bedroom, "What?"
"Are you guys talking?"
"Yeah, just a little, about you and Eric." Deeks snickers.
"Shut up," Nell blushes.
"You looked just about ready to suck his face off."
"Be quiet, so you guys are good?"
"I don't know, Nell, but we will be, I hope."
"Good." Nell walks out of the room, followed by Deeks.
Kensi eyes Nell suspiciously. "You okay, Kens? You look a bit green there."
She wets her lips with her tongue and smirks, not even bothered by the comment, and her phone buzzes. A text from Callen asking the team to meet in the hotel's boiler room.
-:-
"What I find weird is that Jay's kid and wife are staying here despite his death." Callen shrugs.
"So you're saying that one of them spiked the drinks." Deeks asks.
"That or one of the staff members has something against military officials that worked with Jay," Callen taps a few things in his phone, "Nell sent these pictures over, this is Jake, Jay's son. Ops researched and he is a jigalo."
"We need you guys to go down to the pool area, and get his attention, Kensi, Deeks just plays a jealous husband, obviously."
"I'll look like a cougar." Kensi complains.
"You've been under worse circumstances, Kens." Sam laughs
"Fine.."
-:-
"Stop being so tense, we're undercover, I don't give a shit about what's happening between us right now, play the damn part." Kensi strokes Deeks's cheek.
"Oh, you don't?" I was trying to push that aside, but since you want to bring it up." Deeks pulls Kensi onto his lap, hiding his face in the crook of her neck, making her shiver.
"You know what I mean, Deeks. We need to make this believable if we're going to pull this off. You look pissed that you have to do this.. at least try."
Deeks sighs, "You're right, I'm sorry," He tucks stray lock of hair behind her ear, it's a genuine gesture which Kensi picked up on.
"I miss you, Deeks.." She catches his hand on her cheek.
Before he had the chance to answer, Jake Ryder walks over to them, "Mind if I take away you're lady for a moment?"
"No, I don't think so." Deeks grabs Kensi protectively.
"Too bad." Jake tries pulling Kensi up with him, but she knees him in the Non-De-Plumes, as Deeks would say.
Jake topples over, and as Deeks pulls him to his feet, he sees people looking at them, "Federal agents, and don't even think about running off."
"Man, really?"
"Yeah, man." Kensi rolls her eyes.
They walk down to the boiler room, and send him in to interrogation with Sam and Callen.
"We need to talk." Kensi tells Deeks, taking his hand.
"I know." He nods.
"We'll have time later, I can hear them finishing in there," Kensi says, referring to Sam and Callen, "But I need you to know that I never meant to hurt you." She hugs him.
Deeks hugs her back, placing a kiss on her forehead, "I know.. and for the record, I miss you, too."
Kensi bites down on her lip, smiling to herself, just as Sam and Callen walk out with Jake on their trail, "Look, ma'am, I'm sorry." Jake says and walks away.
"About the case, he knows something.. even if he didn't do it, he knows something." Callen says.
"It was either his friend or the wife." Kensi shrugs.
Callen nods, pulling out a picture of Quincy James, Jake's friend, "Quincy James, seventeen." He is tall, dark skinned boy with black hair.
"We'll check him out." Kensi says, pulling Deeks behind her by the hand.
"Nell, track this guy down, please?" Deeks calls Nell.
"On it," You can hear Nell typing over the phone,"He's in a sea food restaurant near the beach."
-:-
"How boring can this kid be? I mean, it's been an hour, ugh!" Deeks rubs his face, then places his hand on Kensi's thigh.
She laughs, "Maybe slightly more boring than you."
"That is very offensive, and I want a divorce, Emily." Deeks pulls her up onto his lap.
"Hmm, you wouldn't."
"I wouldn't."
She lays her head on his shoulder and chuckles.
"I've been such a bastard." Deeks gently lays his head on hers.
"It was well deserved. What I did was worse, Deeks."
"Still, I'm sorry."
"It's okay, we'll talk later." Kensi points at her com, making Deeks chuckle, "Put the popcorn away, you guys."
"We weren't doing anything." Callen says.
"Yeah, yeah. We have anything?"
"Nothing yet, but we'll let you know." Sam says.
Suddenly, Quincy takes a sip from the drink he has, and he collapses to the floor in a weird dance of twitches, and lies completely still. Kensi and Deeks go to him, "Callen, Sam, call an ambulacne, he has a pulse, but it's feint."
The paramedics arrive and Quincy is taken to the nearest hospital.
-:-
"He's saying that it's Mrs. Ryder, and according to ops, her record isn't clean. Sh's been arrested for drug possession and fraud, twice each." Sam explains.
"It had to have been the wife." Deeks shakes his head.
"She's still at the hotel," Callen says.
"We'll get her tomorrow, I'm really tired." Kensi fakes a yawn.
"Right, see you guys tomorrow."
-:-
"So let's talk." Deeks sits on the bed, and pats his side.
"Okay," Kensi sits, "I'm sorry."
"It's fi-"
"It's not. It was wrong. Like I said, I never meant to hurt you. You mean everything to me, Deeks, and I would never risk loosing you. I accepted the bet because I stupidly didn't have the courage to ask you out myself. I mean, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me in a long, ass time," Kensi's eyes start watering. Deeks grabs her hand and presses it to his lips, "I get it, Kens. Yo don't have t-"
"Yes, I have to tell you this," She breathes to get herself together, "I'm falling hard, and I am falling hard, Deeks." Tears fall freely from her eyes now. She let her guard down to him.
"Kens," He grabs her, and pulls her into his chest, "I know, I overreacted, and I understand, I'm sorry, too." He moves her away and lifts her chin so she looks at him, "And if it's any consolation... I fell a long time ago, Kens."
That night they fell asleep in each others' arms.