Escape plan and Watery Graves

((Hopefully this chapter doesn't get screwed up, was messing with some stuff.))

3:30 am

-SIX POV-

Mono and I were the only ones awake.

I stared up at an air vent on the ceiling, lying on my back. I was right next to Mono's ledge.

Mono leaned over the ledge, looking down at me and blocking my view.

"What are you doing?" Mono asked.

"Being bored." Six replied.

"Then sleep." Mono said.

"I'm not tired."

"Then be bored."

"Hey, Mono?"

"What."

"You see that vent?" Six pointed at the air vent.

He looked up, "Yes? What about it." Mono said. Looking back down at her.

"Does it look like you can pull the air vent duct off?" Six asked, sitting up.

Mono stood on his tiptoes, trying to see if he could.

"I mean, some of the vent screws look loose but it'll take a few jumps to get it loose." Mono said.

"Do you think once we break the duct off we could climb into the ventilation system and possibly find another loose duct in the vents, and break the duct off so we can get out of our cages?" Six asked. "Maybe find out how to free the others?"

"Others? I mean, all we got to do is help everybody into the ventilation system then find a loose vent duct and then try to escape there." Mono said.

"No..." Six said. "I meant to open the other cages, free them."

"You want to help the other children?" Mono said. "All of them?"

"All of them."

"You're crazy. You know that?"

"I want to save as many children as possible from this child fighting place." Six said. "We'll get out together."

"I'll... I'll even free The Pretender, she might be mean and aggressive but it isn't her fault. It's The Maw that made her like that." Six said. "At least, I think so? I don't know how she was like before The Maw. But even if she was really mean even before The Maw, she still doesn't deserve to be here!"

"You got a big heart, kid." Mono said. "That's your weakness."

"I'd think you'd be the most desperate to get out." Six said. "You're nearly 13, a teenager. Been here for nearly 13 years, I sure you'd be craving freedom. Even if it was just for a small bit."

"I used to crave freedom in my first months of being here. After that, those feelings just disappeared. I accepted my new life with all my heart." Mono explained. "Our only purpose now is to entertain The Lady and Guests by tearing each other to shreds."

Six went quiet and just stared up at Mono, "Can I come up there?" Six asked.

"You don't know how to wall jump."

"Can you just grab my hand and pull me up."

Mono sighed. "Fine."

Six went to the side of the ledge, got low, and jumped up as high as she could. Holding her hand out for Mono.

Mono grabbed her hand and pulled her up, the ledge floor creaking but not loud enough to wake the others.

"There you go." Mono said.