6. the summer project

A WEEK BEFORE SUMMER BREAK!

SUMMER WAS LITERALLY AROUND the corner for the students attending kingston high. That meant no real lessons and no homework. for some. there was always that one teacher that thought he or she, was the top boss or the coolest teach in the spot, but in reality, they weren't. And, that type of teacher always tried to assign their students some piece of homework to do over the summer, and they always tried to disguise it as something cool and fun, but, rakim could see though the bullshit. He always has and he always will.

Tyler on the other hand? Not so much. The boy secretly loved school more than he let on, and he was usually always excited once a summer project was given out. He was especially excited about this one though.

The boy was sat at the back of his humanities class goofing about quietly with rakim and coi, until the words 'summer project' caught his attention.

"guysss, since we're all cool and whatever," mr. spouse started as he moved around the noisy classroom, his eyes traveling to the students playing on their phones or talking loudly to one another, slightly rolling his eyes once noticed no one was actually listening.

"summer project." the man uttered quietly the class suddenly falling silent for a moment before a bunch of complaints flew out different corners of the classroom. The man grinned before walking back to his desk. "Yes, yes, kids, there will be a summer project for you guys this time!" He announced loudly once the teens quieted down.

"But, sir you supposed to be the cool teach in this joint, what changed?" jaden yelled out making mr. Sprouse cringe since the boy was literally seated at the front of the classroom.

"Nothing changed, jaden. I just want a little change this year! Why? because, come this time next year, you guys will be seniors!" Mr. Sprouse announced with a small grin on his face. " And, I'm starting to realize I haven't really taught you guys anything, so!"

The man clapped his hands, before jogging towards his special cabinet that he always kept locked and pulling out a large box of video cameras.

"sooo, for project summer I was thinking you guys could pair up with one of your friends or a person you're trying to bone, heh...and film your the best moments of your summer!" mr. Sprouse grinned as he looked at the class of unamused students.

"Oh yeah, no filming your sex tapes or whatnot, i'm not into kids and I don't wanna loose my job.  But yeah..summer project!"

"I mean, it's not a bad idea, but what does this have to do with humanities?" Coi asked making the teacher groan.

"Err, hello? Humanities is the study of the arts...along with philosophy and history, but ain't nobody tryna learn all of that." Mr.Sprouse scoffed.

"Look, this project is just a documentation of your summer. But, how it relates to humanities? That's for you to decide. You can decide to find out about your culture, or history, or make a cool artsy movie with a bunch of cool aesthetics. It's up to you guys."

The class was now silent as they thought about mr. Sprouses words. all the man was really asking them to do was to make a cool ass movie about their summer. It couldn't be that hard, right?

Rakim's hand shot up making mr. Sprouse chuckle.

"Rockyyy! What's buggin ya?"

"are we allowed to pick our partners?"

"Is the sky blue?" The teacher scoffed in return earning a straight face from the latter, resulting in the man nervously fiddling with his hands. "Yes. The answer is yes."

Rakim quickly turned to his best friend, a wide grin on his face. "Me and you?"

Tyler didn't hesitate to return rakim's grin with one of his own, " you and me."

The older cheesed at the younger once again, before facing the front, his eyes landing on his teacher who was currently staring at the ceiling fan, slightly fascinated.

rakim never fell victim a summer project but something about this one intrigued him. Maybe, it was the fact that the boy loved being in front, and behind of a camera. Or, maybe it was the fact that he was given the opportunity to do it with his new best friend.

"Okay! kiddos, the bell is about to ring in ten minutes, so err, come up to the front with your ol' partna, and I'll give you a memory card and the camera!" Mr. sprouse grinned.

The whole class shuffled about a bit, as people began to link with their partners before forming a line in front of the teacher.

"Ooo, frank and jaden, okay!" Sprouse grinned as he handed them their camera. The man continued to 'ooo' and 'aww' at the different pairings until he saw rakim and tyler appear in front of him with smiles on their faces.

"Yess! My newest favorite duo!" The man uttered making the two boys send each other a small look before returning their attention back on the caucasian man. "You guys really balance each other out, I can't wait to see what y'all come up with."

"Thanks, mr. S." Rakim grinned as he grabbed the device for the man's hands before returning to his seat, tyler following suite.

"So what do you wanna do?" Rakim asked placing the camera in the youngers hands, a small smile on his face as he did so.

"Well..I was thinking.."

-heyyy wooow hiiii. okay yeah the real gud shit will start to pop off soon :) -