Chapter 13: Connected

"What are you talking about?" He asked as he closed the gap between us even further. His voice was stern and commanding. I couldn't deny how much I enjoyed hearing him speak like that.

"I've been involved ever since I brought you here and forced you to stay." I began, already receiving an eye roll from the man who stood so close to me as he turned away. "And, according the version of you that comes when you sleep, I'm involved more than you think."

Anakin looked back with a hindered expression. "You don't have to impress me with your sentences. Spit it out." I felt my blood boiling. He really knew how to get under my skin.

"Fine." I spat. "Every single time you have a nightmare, I can feel your emotions so strongly that it makes me feel as if I'm having them myself." He stepped closer again. There was only inches between us. We were close enough to hear each other's every breath. "Every feeling you've had in your sleep since you got here, I've felt it. I get sad, angry, lonely, and more all because of you and you don't even realize." I felt my voice wanting to break by the end of my speech.

His eyes darted as he let his thoughts rest in his mind. He stared at me for a long time, but not a single moment had he ever looked surprised..I wanted to question him when I realized this. It was like he knew it already.

He did, didn't he? He knew.

I watched him sigh and close his eyes, facing his head to the ground. I had the feeling he wanted to say something, but not a word came from him.

"Anakin.... what are you not telling me?" I stood by him and let seconds pass before he suddenly turned and threw his fist into the wall beside us. It was strange that I wasn't shocked at this, but I wasn't quite prepared and felt myself jump at the sound and sight of his silver fist colliding with the dark wood. I didn't leap to help him this time. I stood there, watching him attempt to steady his breath as he pulled his fist from the wall after, leaving a hole where it once was. It made me wonder how many holes would be left in this place by the time we could finally leave.

I didn't have to see his face to know he was bothered. His harsh breathing had given it away, plenty..... And maybe also the fact that he had just punched the wall.

I let him breathe. All I could think was that he was hiding something. Maybe I should've felt a bit more care for him. He was clearly upset. I should've been helping him, calming him down and gently coaxing the information out of him, but that wasn't what I did. Instead I just stood and stared, watching him try to calm himself. I was frozen. If I was frozen, I should have been scared. I wasn't. I was frozen out of curiosity and admiration that I knew I shouldn't have been feeling, so I was still, trying to figure out what I was feeling and what I should do next.

I moved off of the mattress, instead staring at Anakin as I stood on the wooden floor, awaiting the next event.

All of the 'should's' and 'shouldn't's' only made me more confused with myself, so I decided to block out all feeling and go with only my instinct as my final decision... and my instinct wasn't in any favor of mine.

Anakin had stayed on the mattress, his back sliding down the wall behind it as he sat down. In little time I was by his side, observing his body movement to know what actions from me were welcome.

I'd been examining his face, not only inspecting his expressions, but admiring him even more than I already had. Even in any state I'd seen him in, he still couldn't banish his beauty. This drew me in of course, but not as much as his mysterious nature and overwhelming anger. His lack of self control was alluring to me. I could feel myself praying on his rage. After how previously fed up with that exact thing I'd been, I couldn't understand why now was so different. I didn't even realize how wrong it was for me to enjoy the feeling of knowing I was in the presence of someone so damaged and that I was the only other human being he'd be stuck with for a long time, so anything he would say or do, I could become apart of. I felt obligated to it. I was getting a high from being in some way involved with someone so twisted and I didn't even know it.