Chapter 14: Obi-Wan

POV type shit in this chapter
_______________________________

|| Anakin's POV ||

She was calm and quiet. Her skin was smooth with her hair peacefully splayed across my torso. Her hand held on to my silver arm with no shame or fear as I let my fingers graze her bare skin, soothing her sleeping mind.

After everything I've done, how ignorant and aggressive I know I've been, she put up with me.... and she wasn't afraid of me.

I admired her. She was so determined and so strong. I wasn't sure if she knew it; if she knew how perfect she was. I knew I couldn't admit it out loud. It was hard enough to even admit it in my mind. It felt like betrayal to my loved one that I knew was gone.

Tears stung my eyes at the thought and I watched the girl in my arms squirm. I'd forgotten she could feel what I felt as I examined her laying comfortably between my legs, her head rested just bellow my chest. Her hand had tightened on my arm while I raised the other moving a strand of hair from her face.

She was beautiful.

I was bothered by the part of my mind that told me to stop. It didn't want me to be with her or be attached to her. I didn't want to understand why there was a part of me that didn't want something that felt so right, but I knew why. I still loved her. Padmé.

I sat with a guilty conscience, knowing I was the cause of her death and was already attempting to move on, but I couldn't. I couldn't move on, yet feeling Y/N in my arms at that moment gave me every reason to. But Padmé, I knew I loved her and I couldn't have her anymore. She's gone... and I could never get her back.

Y/N began to squirm again. This time she turned her body, her nose scrunched and her small fingers were gently placed on the skin of my chest. I felt my heart pound harder as goosebumps appeared under her touch.

She's made me feel things I've never felt before, not even from Padmé, and it hurt to know it. But why had I been pushing her away, if I knew that I could enjoy this feeling forever? She's beautiful, strong, encouraging, caring, and does what she can to keep me in check.

Padmé may have been capable of those things, but she could never understand like Y/N did. Padmé was raised in royalty, a perfect little childhood. I was raised in slavery and Y/N grew in a violent home and lost her mother like I had lost mine. She was all of those things and had something that Padmé never could have had for me. Empathy. Y/N was so... perfect.

I looked down at her as she slept serenely against me. I realized then how grateful I truly was that she saved me. I couldn't imagine what could have happened if she hadn't. She ignored her chance at finally finding Obi-Wan, after years of searching, just to save me. She was amazing. I knew I could drone on about how wonderful she was in my mind, but I could never say it aloud to her. I knew I couldn't. I was too afraid and too prideful.

I suddenly felt happiness fill my heart, but I quickly realized it wasn't mine. It was hers. I wondered what she could have been dreaming about to be so happy. It was nice to feel it. I'd been without that feeling for too long. In that moment I could only enjoy her touch more than ever.

She was everything I'd ever wanted.

|| Y/N's POV ||

"Obi-Wan....." my voice echoed through the baby blue light. Faint murmurs of his familiar voice lingered in my ears, but the noise wasn't clear enough to form words. I continued to saunter forward. "Obi-Wan, please." I echoed, again, in the place I would often find myself when I slept. I didn't bother to speak anymore. In any of my previous times here, I've said all I can say.