5☙

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,¸,ø°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°'°º¤ø,

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5: 𝒦𝒾𝓈𝓈 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒷𝓇𝒾𝒹𝑒

«────« ⋅ʚ. ɴᴀʀʀᴀᴛᴏʀ  .ɞ⋅ »────»

Maisie's eyes widened as the corpse started to stroll towards her as if she was going to grab her. The living bride felt her fight or flight instinct kick her in the gut and her limbs moved along the ground trying to scuttle away from her recently wedded corpse.

Dipper finally stands and she scrambled backwards, stumbling as her feet kept tripping over each other as she started running through the thickets

She turns and the branches scratching at her arms, which she didn't feel as her adrenaline was taking over, running itself ragged within her veins trying to find her way out of the dark woods, with her undead wife.

As Maisie felt her lungs setting themselves aflame her left foot catches itself on smooth stone and sends dipper down into the dirt and gently she hides herself behind the small tombstone only to catch her breath so she can start running again, listening and wasn't disappointed in hearing a very distant sigh,

"C'mon kid! Where the fuck are you?" Dipper gasped as the corpse kept coming closer to her location calling out for her and Maisie took a shuttering breath before sprinting for
The towns tombstones, as she follows the heads she knows that she's close to town.  She knows that Ford's going to be absolutely furious and probably cane her due to her reckless behavior especially in front of the Northwest's embarrassing the Pines/ soon to be Northwest's name. As her eyes blurred with tears she felt her body crash into a hard surface she stumbled back ignoring the throbbing pain on her front to see that she collided with a large oak tree but she shook her head and sprinted on as she intended to lose the corpse in their chase.

As she ran her feet slapping against the blending of dirt with cobblestone of the entrance of the graveyard and her lungs gasping for breath the bare, small brittle bushes that seem to block her escape by catching themselves on her dress. Dipper just tugged and pulled ripping the expensive fabric as streams of clouded breath escaping through her chapped lips that had gotten that way due to the cold air blending in with her tear stained mouth.

She should've not ran away and just dealt with the fact that she would never love him and long for woman's touch instead of his. She should've just sucked it up and just stayed but she couldn't and now this is her punishment.

Maisie stumbled across a small creek, this creek was frozen solid and had a bridge but in a desperate attempt instead of taking the bridge and possibly slowing her down she walked across the frozen water as her corpse bride pursued her.

As Dipper crossed the water slipping on the ice plenty times before completing the task of getting to the other side, she started to dash blindly through the trees like she had previously had done, the crows who attempted to warn her of her mistake fly in her path almost as if they were slowing her down like they wanted her to accept her horrific mistake.

Maisie could see the faint glow of lights as she reached the edge of the woods and a shuttering shaking sob of relief left her lips as she had finally escaped and with a final shove with her ruined hair and filthy torn dress sprinted towards the footbridge that connected the town to the thicket.

As she stood on the middle of the bridge the left shoulder of her dress slipped down like the tears of relief slipped down her doll like face. Shaking sobs turned into hacking coughs and wavering breaths rapidly escaping her lungs in repeated sessions.

Her smoky quartz colored orbs looked back to the thicket scanning looking for the undead being, wondering if she had followed her out this far.

Her fear escalated quickly as she realized that her slowing breath was the only noise that penetrated the eerily dead silence.

Suddenly the crows burst out of the thicket and dipper screamed at the pitch black birds that scattered around her as she ducked to avoid their wrath with her bloody hands on her ears as she tried to tune out their ear blistering cries as they flew past her.

Weary watering eyes opened back up after keeping them closed and she stood back up and gradually took steps towards the town her messy hair framing her face.

She stopped in sheer terror as she felt a cold front press against her back her dirt pigmented irises shrinking due to her pupil consuming the remaining color. A freezing cold skeletal hand lifted itself to lift her chin to meet pure golden irises.

"It was quite rude of you to run."  Maisie pushed the figure away from her, shoving the blonde to the other side of the bridge and white gloved with red palms gripped the side of the bridge with a passion.

The alluring undead blonde strolled over to her counterpart putting a flesh covered hand on her upper chest and tilting the chin of the pale woman and  the corpse leaned in, their sun kissed nose touched Maisie's porcelain shaded nose before speaking,

"You may kiss the bride." The undead bride leaned fully in connecting their lips causing the very much alive Maisie faint in the corpses arms.

Not too far away a lantern is glowing, a wide eyed Grendan looks upon the scene, but it wasn't seen well due to the fog, but all he saw was a woman embracing Maisie and their lips touching.

He had to tell Maxwell.

~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~

I CANNOT BELIEVE HER!" Ford paced the floors, her silver hair spilling out from it's place in her braid that wrapped around her head like a crown.

"Ford can you blame the kid?" Stell shrugged at her twin, Ford glared back at Stell's forlorn look and Ford knew she had to calm down for her sister's sake.

Meanwhile Maxwell sat next to the blonde heir on the altar, the blonde's frown was devastating to his brunette 'brother-in-law' and Maxwell took the task upon himself to cheer him up.

"Look, Maisie will come back! I promise you that, I mean Ford's going to be quite cross, but she'll see her mistake." Maxwell attempted to sound happy for Pacific's sake to at least make him smile just a bit.

Pacific's violet eyes wandered over to his parents to see them pacing the floor, he knew that they wanted the bride to come back just as much as everyone else did.

Especially since their wealth is on the line and the Pines reputation. Pacific sighed and gently leaned over towards Maxwell before sighing,

"I hope you're right" not knowing that his hopes and Maxwell's sayings were very wrong.