age regression and age play: the difference

TW: age play! p43dophilia/p3dophilia!

well here's the main difference:

age regression is (usually) a coping mechanism

age play is a k!nk

a longer explanation.

age regression is actually a form of therapy, although controversial, it's not hurting anyone. age regression regresses a person back to a younger age when things were okay and they didn't have to worry about adult/teenage problems.

yes, teenagers can be regressors too, but they should not be engaging in age play in my opinion. age play is a k!nk so I would not actually recommend it to anyone, but especially not underage teens.

anyways yes, age regression started as a form of therapy.

now age regression and age regression therapy have changed drastically from each other

if you read the wikipedia article that I will link in line here.

you will see that age regression therapy was used to bring up bad memories of a persons childhood and often caused traumatic experiences.

age regression outside of therapy focuses on the good aspects of your childhood, being care-free, being cared for, not having large responsibilities.

age regression outside of therapy helps people a lot.

it's a coping mechanism for most, for some it's just a way to have some fun and let loose for a little bit.

now age play is a BD/SM dynamic based off age regression BUT is very different.

one large difference being that age play is two adults, one is role-playing as a child and the other is the "daddy/mommy/etc" . in age regression, the regressor is actually in the mindset of a child and more often than not there is nothing romantical about their relationship with their carer while they are regressed (although there may romantic relationships outside of regression.)

personally I don't like age play because in my belief it promotes p43dophilia and as someone who was s3xually abused at a young age, I could never do this.

age play like any other BD/SM dynamic involves a power exchange, age play makes one of the people in the relationship be completely dependent on their partner and the partner can control almost any aspect of the person's life (that they have previously agreed to.)

there are many similarities but many large differences as well.

if anyone has even further questions, comment them and I'll try to answer!