Summoning

"Jack!"

The white-haired spirit turned at the sound of his name as he landed on the floor of the North Pole, also known as the guardian's main headquarters.

"Jack," North walked towards him quickly. "We have a situation."

Jack froze. Had the others found about his attempted prank at Scout's house?

"There's been a large disturbance in the world. A great amount of power has been unleashed, and we're certain it's dangerous." North explained, leading the smaller guardian to the group.

Bunnymund and Tooth were already waiting with Sandy close behind.

"Alright, ya show pony. What have you done this time?" Bunny tapped one of his enormous hind paws on the floors, impatient.

It took Jack a moment to realize that the giant rabbit guardian was addressing him.

"What...me? I didn't do anything!" Jack defended himself.

"Oh, and I suppose the giant snowstorms aren't your doing?" Bunny lifted his chin to point at the oversized globe behind him.

Jack turned to see large pinwheels of white scattered across the globe, indicating where the storms where. Some of the phenomenas obscured the glowing gold dots that littered the map, indicating the presence of precious children who believed.

"Okay for once...that's not me. I honestly have no idea what this," Jack indicated towards the storms, "is all about."

The Guardians were shocked.

"You really don't know what's happening?" Tooth's iridescent wings fluttered nervously.

"No. Honest." Jack held up his hands, apologetically. 

North studied Jack before turning towards the globe.

"I believe Jack. This sort of power is rather unorthodox for a Guardian. Darker, even."

"Pitch?" Bunny's ears went up, alert.

"What? C'mon, guys. You saw me defeat him." Jack exclaimed.

The Guardians all turned. 

Sandy used his namesake to create a golden arrow, pointing quizzically at Jack, eyebrows raised.

"Alright...we defeated him. With the kids. He's not back." Jack stated, firmly.

Tooth smoothed her feathers. "Well, if it isn't Jack's doing, or Pitch...then who?"

North stroked his white beard in thought. He turned and paced the tiled floor in his large leather boots.

Then, he laughed. 

HAHAHAHAH!

The Guardians--with the exception of North himself-- jumped.

"What's so funny?" Bunnymund grabbed at his sensitive ears, glaring.

North slapped his knee, his face cherry red.

"How could I not have seen it? How?"

"Seen what?" Jack asked, stepping closer.

Sandy summoned a few dusty question marks to express his confusion as well.

North grabbed a thick book from the shelf--the same book, Jack realized, was the book North used to incorporate Jack into the Guardians' ranks in the first place.

"It's him! It's got to be him!"

North flipped through the pages, excited.

"WHO?" The others lost their patience. 

North paused, finally looking up. "Him."

He flipped to another page, holding it up for the others to see. 

"Krampus."

The other Guardians craned their necks to see the elaborate sketched drawing on the page. It was a tall figure, face obscured by a long tattered cloak. Features that were visible included cloven hoofs attached to furry goat-like legs. Wicked horns peaked from holes in the hood of the cloth, with bright green eyes burning from the darkness.

Wait...

Jack grabbed the book from North and stared at the image. Those eyes...

And now the snowstorms. It couldn't be a coincidence. 

"Jack?" Tooth fluttered close. "Are you okay?"

Jack pointed a finger at the page. "I've seen this guy before."

"You have?" Bunnymund straightened. "Where?"

Jack waved the second question aside.

"Tonight. I bumped into him on my way here."

The last part of this was mostly false. Jack couldn't let the other Guardians know that he'd almost slipped up and used his powers to prank a kid. They would consider it unruly and improper.

Not at all like a true Guardian.

North clapped his oversized hands. "Only one way to settle this, then."

"How?" Jack asked. 

North grinned. "We bring him in for a little chat, of course."